Notre Dame loses: Weis now on the hotseat

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by islstl, Nov 22, 2008.

1. DRC

DRC TigerNator

I am hearing from co-workers who are pretty close to ND that the rumbling is turning into a first class chit storm at ND.

NBC is making noise about the sweetheart TV deal they just re-upped as ratings this year have plummeted to an all-time low. They have supposedly lost 2/3rds of their audience in the last 10 years with 1/3rd of that coming in the last two years. NBC is wanting (sounds like demanding) night games to boost the ratings but ND is resisting. The loss to Syracuse took a big bite out of ole blubbo's support especially considering the media flogging of his offensive coordinator when Weis announced he was taking over. Throw in a huge amount of public outcry by the fans (like the snow balls being thrown last week) and this is reverberating around the ND power brokers.

2. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

well boo-freakin-hoo.

i know a team that would love to play night games on tv.

3. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

LOL... was waiting for that.

4. DRC

DRC TigerNator

I think its hilarious that mighty domers have fallen to such levels. Their performance on the field certainly hasnt warranted an exclusive TV deal for a number of years.

However, lets make no mistake. As much as I hate Notre Dame, they are the most storied program in all of college football with a huge national fan base that cant be rivaled in college football. The Dallas Cowboys may be the only other team in all of sports that could command an exclusive network TV deal.

5. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

Only because of a movie about a midget name rudy. Was a touching story made for the hallmark channel.

6. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

A Michigan fan is on ebay, selling a miniature Michigan helmet... and his fan loyalty to the highest bidder. Last I checked a Tennessee fan was the highest bidder... that's all the Vols need... another jaded fan.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270306818781

7. charlie_c0756

charlie_c0756 Founding Member

RichRod proved to be a whore, only coaches for money, has nothing close to respect. Weiss just reiterated he's just a fatazz with NO talent.

View attachment 11539

8. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Yeah, but that's with Notre Lame talent. He'd do better with what we have.

9. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Ha, would be funny if the winning bidder wanted him to be an Ohio St fan.

10. DRC

DRC TigerNator

They are pretty happy with Tenuta. He has proven himself in all kinds of situations and I would have him in a heart beat. He is a D-coordinator that would bring a lot of problems for the offenses we face and he is widely respected in the coaching ranks.

I dont think Miles will hire him though.