Notre Dame loses: Weis now on the hotseat

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by islstl, Nov 22, 2008.

1. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Wow, sounds like you have a little issue with racism yourself. Notre Dame fired a worthless coach and hired another worthless coach that everyone on earth thought was better, that's not racist that's smart. As it turns out Weis was also an idiot and the domers were stupid enough to to give him tons more money than he deserved. He will be out the door shortly just like the useless coach before him. Willingham proved at Washington that Notre Dame did the right thing in firing him.

2. pjnchamps

pjnchamps Founding Member

This season doesn't reflect him with all the injuries and blown calls by officials have hurt them. Today his kicker missed a field goal in double overtime to lose the game.Locker out for the season...would've beat BYU if not for the refs.

3. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

His best season in the last five years is 6-5. So which of those great seasons represents him?

4. Thorny

Thorny Founding Member

You left out the most important part though--that loss gave WSU the only win against a 1-A team that either team had this year. 0-12 is going to get you fired just about everywhere. Losing 1 player isn't why they only scored 13 points against one of the worst scoring defense in the nation.

I work with a UW grad and he has been ripping on Willingham all year. It will be interesting to see who they hire and if he can make them a real threat to beat us to open next season.

GEAUX TIGERS

5. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

6. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Notre Dame losing is like a hot pack on my sore back.

7. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

8. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

9. pjnchamps

pjnchamps Founding Member

Weis best seasons came with Ty's players in their Junior and Senior years after they left and Weis players are there what has Weis done. Notre Dame has been getting top recruiting classes and look at them compared to Ty having to recruit with the likes of USC,Oregon,OSU,UCLA. A turnaround job like Washington wasn't and isn't a quick one.

10. BayouIrish

BayouIrish Founding Member

Unfortunately, I don't believe Weis will be going anywhere.
    Even w/ the money ND has, they are not going to shell out the amount it would take to buy out his contract.

Also, I've said it before, but there isn't really anyone banging on the door to get the ND job when it's available. Both Willingham and Weis were second choices. Tyrone was a fill in when things went wrong w/ O'Leary, and Weis was the Irish's second choice when things didn't work out w/ Urban Meyer. If nothing else, Weis may have made it easier for them to find someone w/ the classes that he's brought in the past couple of years.

This has been another horrible season to be an irish fan. I've had to reort to watching the first half of ND games, and then the turn off the TV before I watch them give up the lead.

The amazing part is that there are still top name recruits lining up to come play for the man.