News Not Official, But Landon Collins headed to Bama

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by LSU_4_LIFE, Dec 6, 2011.

1. Brian

Brian Founding Member

ace, you're totally right on with Lacy! I agree with you entirely. I'm happy seeing him do damage and have success, but I certainly hope we shut him down when we play the Tide. I guess I used Janzen as he was a guy we heavily recruited who went elsewhere though we wanted him. Lacy was a bit different situation, but he's definitely a great example of a local kid you just want to root for. Maybe I should have used Joe McKnight. I wished him really well when he went to USC. Didn't really play any head games and just wanted to go somewhere and play well.

Another guy I rooted hard for was Brandon Bolden at Ole Miss.

2. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

True, Dick just refined it. How did I miss this one, must be getting old? Older?

:D

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

you just didnt know. thats what im here for.

now you're here to let me know how many dudes we are losing to bama.

4. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

I can't post too much info on here, you know that.

5. LSUFAN25

LSUFAN25 Freshman

OK FRIST his g/f had the scholarship way before she was even dating the guy. She has been wanting to go there since she was a freshman in highschool. And for Landon he is a smart kid and has a good head on his shoulder and so what if he does go to BAMA it is a good school and obvisouly they have a good football team. It is his decision and he will be making it not his girlfriend or his parents. His parents are also smart people who would not let there son make a life decision like this over a girl. I PROMISE YOU THAT.

1 person likes this.
  6. LSUFAN25

LSUFAN25 Freshman

i love how all of you assume this CHILDS relationship with his girlfriend. If you dont know the situation why talk about it like you do Wildcard. JUST SAYIN

7. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Good post, best of luck to him wherever he ends up. Both are good programs, he will do fine. Last year 87 La. football players signed with schools. We got 17, you can't sign them all.

Per-capita, La. was #1 in the nation last year. One kid for every 52,108 people in the state. Fla. was second.

We've got some great odds. Never worry about the kids you lose, worry about the ones you get. This staff has done a great job over the years, recruiting is one less thing to think about. Their talent evaluation has been great for years. Mo Claiborne was offered by Ark.St., Tulane, A&M, Neb. and La. Tech. This is one that won't play his Sr. year and will be a top ten pick in the NFL Draft.

8. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

bingo! i started thinking that a year or so ago.

there was hand wringing over not getting kids like mcknight and janzen jackson. and we are lucky we didnt. at the bash a few years ago, some were disappointed t pryor went to ohio state. glad he did.

it seems that things always work out for the best. for the most part. so if we dont get a kid, well, i trust things will continue to work out for us. even when we have had hiccups and "should have's", it didnt kill the program. what we see as down years lately, there are other teams that would like to have years like that.

9. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Former LSU Coach Gerry D was the one that said something like this. Its true.

Look at what LSU has done with DB's. Don't know another school in the Nation that can compare. Two top 10 NFL picks back to back, first time for two DB's from the same team on the AP All-American Team, two straight Thorpe Award winners, too many reasons to attend LSU.

10. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Agree. Thanks for the insight and post.