Not LSU - MLB Strike

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TexasTigers, Aug 16, 2002.

1. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Just curious what y'all think about the Baseball strike looming as we wait for our tigers to put on the helmets in battle.

Personally, I could care less about MLB. I live in Dallas and I have to deal with the Rangers. A-Rod is great, but the rest stink.

Anyway, I love College Baseball. But Major League, could care less.

This strike could not come soon enough. Sportscenter wont be polluted with highlights of spoiled millionairs and ground outs.

More football. WHich is good.

SO IMHO, strike tomorrow and go away. It will make my chosen baseball love better because players will go to college.

I have not attended a baseball game (MLB) since the last strike so I dont care about this one.

They picked a perfect time. Since most of american is going to tune them out anyway when football starts.

I think our fellow americans will meet this strike with a large

"Who cares"
    At least I do.

I love baseball, growing up playing BREC, then summer ball by Kennelworth, and highschool. But people like Barry Bonds and all Owners and PLayers make me ill.

In 5 days we have our first College football game.

Good riddance.
    Your thoughts.

Geaux Tigers.

2. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

You're right about football drowning MLB out. I consider myself a big Astros fan but don't seem to pay much attention to baseball after they lose in the first round every year, mostly because of football. I actually grew up a Yankees fan but now despise those guys and the World Series last year satisfied me a good bit. Still, if there was no baseball, would we have to follow the WNBA during the summer? NASCAR? I only care about 4 golf tournaments each year. I'd rather have baseball than not.

3. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

No offense to any woman here. But I find the WNBA as relevant as Curling. I am sure some people like it. But 60 minutes of layups and bricks are about as appealing to me as Tommy Tuberville over for Dinner.

I watch the Rangers who are worse then the Astros ;) but I watch it because it is more background noise. Something to watch, not a big Nascar Fan. So I guess more lawn work is in store.

Anyway, thanks for the thoughts. I am sure most southeners could care less. We are football people.

geaux tigers