News North Korea Renounces Truce-U.S. Military on High Alert

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Cajun Sensation, May 28, 2009.

1. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

I guess the countdown to ships full of free rice has begun. Should we add some olive oil this time?

2. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Russia and China are cool with this? Shouldn't we let them deal with it?

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

They have competing interests over North Korea. They agree only on two things.

1. They don't want South Korea to simply absorb North Korea and have a firm American ally with American bases, right on their borders. It would give America a stranglehold on the coastal straits that Russian Pacific port shipping must take to reach the open ocean. For China, it would put an economic competitor on their border. No one wanted to flee CHina for North Korea, but they might for a united democratic Korea on a Southern model.

2. South Korea and Japan have the technical capability and economic base to develop nuclear weapons of their own and are increasingly nervous about the DPRK. Russia and China wants to prevent this from happening. So do we.

4. lsu-i-like

What role do you think we should take in this, Red? What about Russia/China?

5. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

I think I am with Salty on this one, I would tell N.Korea to bring it on. Its just saber rattling, they would face certain destruction if they attacked.

6. lsu-i-like

That would be interesting, but we'd be taking the lead in another war across the globe.

7. LSUMASTERMIND

Not really NK would take the lead, if they fired the first shot.

8. lsu-i-like

If we put it upon ourselves to board their ships, we'd be more or less interjecting ourselves into the situation. If they simply attacked us, smoke the fools.

9. LSUMASTERMIND

Cant believe I am arguing this point. But here it goes. Those are the sanctions that 6 nations agreed to. Even Russia and China, if its a collective effort to enforce the sanctions, I dont see a problem with us boarding their ships. Especially if they are enriching uranium to produce more bombs, they need shyt from other places to do that. Most likely its coming on a ship.

10. lsu-i-like

Heh, I'm just not sure we should be so involved. But most people do believe we should be, and we are, so going with that line of thinking, I don't have a problem with anything you said. Besides thinking that we shouldn't be policing the world. Which I may be totally wrong about.