Republicans North Carolina Fights To Take Voting Site Away From Pesky College Kids

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUMASTERMIND, Oct 23, 2014.

1. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

2. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

It certainly does smack of voter interference. I would hope that college students can find a way to vote. Absentee balloting is not that difficult. I voted that way my entire college career.

Maybe they should have left Appalachia alone and focused on UNC. Obviously the students there (or the athletes anyway) are about to have the book thrown at them.....but they may not be able to read it.

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Politics like this happen all the time. I was once disenfranchised for a major election. I never changed my registration from home to Baton Rouge, when I went to college and for three years I just went home on election day to vote. It was a good excuse to visit dear old mom and dad and I had no plans at the time to remain in Baton Rouge after college. I arrived at the voting site and was told I was no longer registered to vote. I went to the registrar and discovered that I and about 30,000 other students around the state had been investigated by the Louisiana Republican committee and were reported as not living in the proper district, even though it was still my permanent address. Plus, they timed it so that notification of this change did not arrive until after the election, conveniently for them. So the Republicans managed to get 30,000 left-leaning 1970's era students out of the election by covert shenanigans.

4. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

600-ish credible and verified voter fraud cases in this country since 2000 and in that same amount of time nearly a half billion votes have been cast and these ass holes want us to believe that voter fraud is rampant. I am an ardent supporter of integrity in our election process but there is no evidence to support all of these oppressive voter id laws. Unfortunately they will continue to get away with it thanks to their pals on the supreme court.

5. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

6. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Link?

7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member