Noise/Sound in Dome & OK ability to hear snap?!!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by ambrose, Dec 14, 2003.

1. ambrose

ambrose Freshman

I have not seen or heard anything about the very real effect the sound/noise level LSU fans will generate and Oklahoma's quarterback/offense's ability to hear/think. I have repeatedly seen LSU opponents literally look "punch-drunk", dazed, confused and even get injured amidst LSU's fan noise/enthusiasm/energy. Few teams, coaches, players can even imagine, must less be "ready", for the brute "force" these decibels will have on their "bodies". I firmly believe this noise/energy effects opposing teams eustacian tubes and their balance/coordination. The psychological effects are infinite as well. On crucial plays, how will OK be able to get plays off? Will or can the refs "penalize" the fans WHEN OK is unable to FUNCTION? LSU fans will know this is a serious and valid issue/question.

2. LSUfan

LSUfan Founding Member

It will certainly be something for Okla to deal with, and the "home" field advantage will be in our corner. But Okla is a good team that has dealt with loud crowds before (Texas and Neb come to mind), so it won't hurt them like a PAC 10/ACC/Big East team in the same situation. Also, okla has played in some big games. We have the advantage with the field and crowd, but it should take more than crowd noise to beat the Sooners.

We do know this . . . Greene couldn't handle the pressure in Tiger Stadium or in the Georgia Dome. And we got to Manning in Oxford. Two of the best QB's we faced had a hard time dealing with the Tiger D . . . home or away.

3. LSUinPA

LSUinPA Founding Member

No penalties for noise. And believe me - it will be as noisy as the dome has ever been. Anyone going to the game got a decibel meter? I'd love to know. Also, I hope Tulane has their seismograph running.

GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. LSUinPA

LSUinPA Founding Member

I've heard, on here I think, that the Texas crowd is weak? Not sure about Nebraska - any tiger fans care to comment on the nebraska crowd compared to the home tiger crowd?

5. Soap

Soap Founding Member

During the Auburn game in 2001 the physics dept. put a decibal meter at the 50. I believe the reading was 128 db.

6. Tiger Trey

Tiger Trey Founding Member

The games with Texas are played on a neutral field with the seats evenly divided between the two schools. Anyone who has spent any time in Dallas will tell you that OU is nearly as popular as the orange stain in these parts. There is no home field advantage in the State Fair game.

7. Shadeauxcaster

Shadeauxcaster Founding Member

The lottery was not kind to moi so me and my thundering herd will not be inside the dome, barring unexpected developments. I beseech those of you whose number did come up to take up our slack. I can only hope that the way the tickets have been distributed will not result in a watered down Tiger Crowd there Sugar Bowl night.

I know this, if you took the crowd that made the journey to Georgia, and then make up the rest of the Tiger Fans from Tiger Stadium Regulars and those fans who go to any length to get the occasional ticket, the din inside the dome would be beyond anything OK has yet seen. They wont turn and run because of it, but I hate for them to see anything but our best.

GEAUX TIGERS!

8. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

Texas fans are not loud by any means, and my only time with Nebraska fans was last year at the Independence Bowl. They were not loud there, but that was also their worst season in 40 years or so, so they did not have alot to be excited about. They did play at Bama and had trouble there, so I can only imagine how much havoc that we, as the crowd can create on Jason White and the rest of the Sugar Bowl Fairy Sooners.

9. iluvdatiger

iluvdatiger Founding Member

dome noise

the noise is going to be UNREAL!

10. Tigerbnd05

Tigerbnd05 National Champs 2003 2007

OK, i was there two years ago for Illinois game. As much as i love our fans and the noise we generate. I don't think it will be a problem, cause even with the "home field advantage" the crowd will still relatively even. Now, that being said, I still think it will be louder than anything they have ever heard cause the Tiger crowd is the best in the SEC, and no crowd in the big 12 even come close to an SEC crowd, and then it will resinate due to the dome. But i am not sure it will feel as loud as Georgia did in Tiger Stadium this year!