No QB U

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by lsu-i-like, Oct 6, 2014.

1. MikeInLa

MikeInLa Founding Member

If I remember right, Jarrett Lee started off strong, then fizzled out around mid season.

2. Tiger Exile

Tiger Exile Long time lurker

StaceyO likes this.
  3. b_leblanc

b_leblanc That's just my game...

When they started bringing Jefferson back into the fold.

In addition, I'm not sure we win the game of the century without Jefferson playing. Lee couldn't stretch out their D.

4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Spot on. You knew Jamarcus would be an NFL bust because he lacked gravitas, and against the really good teams he struggled, and like you said against weaker teams he often put us in a huge hole with turnovers and sacks he would take. He was like a dumber version of Ben Roethlisberger with more talent he just couldn't maximize.

5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Jefferson for all his bullshit and how pathetic his play was changed that game. You are correct.

6. Pintoracer

Pintoracer Somewhere in The Matrix

I was 34 when my daughter was born!

Back to the subject at hand. Our QB situation is not going to improve as long as Miles has his way with this offense. He needs to get out of the way.

7. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Lee didn't have his way with teams as the schedule got tougher, but neither did Jefferson. Lee struggled, Les put JJ in, and then Lee wasn't really given a shake after that. And JJ struggled plenty after that. Les likes mobile QBs (so do I, but he likes them to a fault) and it was just good enough with our D to make the NC, and then boom. I am of the opinion that if your quarterbacks are both struggling, play both. Had this happened from the start of Lee/JJ-gate, I think we'd be sitting on at least one more NC and one or both would be NFL QBs.

8. lsu-i-like

I don't think Harris is ready for nor will benefit from 100% of the burden. Harris will be frustrated at his progress and Jennings will be disenfranchised. Neither is performing significantly better than the other, so play both until one separates from the other. Pussy footing around the psyche of QBs is bullshit.

Pintoracer likes this.
  9. lsu-i-like

No one complained how antiquated our offense was last year. This offense can work, it just has to be executed correctly. Now, is Les executing it correctly...? Id say not usually.

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

This was a great offense for the 60's Green Bay Packers and the 70's Pittsburgh Steelers.

lsu-i-like likes this.