No QB U

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by lsu-i-like, Oct 6, 2014.

1. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

How is it that Les Miles hasnt had a passing game worth a damn 2.5 out of 10 years? How are we AGAIN in the position of not having a QB?

There are always excuses for failure; we're paying millions for solutions. Instead we have not set ourselves up for success by dropping the ball on QB recruitment and staggering of recruitment. Of everything, I believe this is the biggest travesty, and it's been the case more often than not under Miles.

BUT...
    As AD, I don't see how you fire Miles even if we lose out this year (seems possible). Back to back seasons would be enough. But if Les Miles doesn't make our two QBs head cases, I don't expect that will happen. They have potential and I believe solid QB play would open up the run game and help out the defense.

So, as a negatiger, I think our QB predicament is bullshit (no reflection on our young talent). Our ass whippings have been hard to stomach and they are on Miles. But at this point, there ain't no changing it. Maybe Miles and crew can coach the team up and make the weed eater bowl. Maybe Michigan'll come calling.

I'll be a Mississippi State fan for the rest of the year and try to relearn some perspective while LSU rebuilds.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2014
    ParadiseiNC likes this.
  2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I've said this about a million times now, you can't take a read option qb and make them run a pro style offense in college. In the history of football this has worked 1 time and it's because Russell Wilson is extremely special and has a killer D and killer O and running game.

We blamed Crowton, we blamed Stud and Krag. But the offense hasn't changed. We need a pocket qb that is accurate, not a track star that throws the ball hard.

HalloweenRun and ParadiseiNC like this.
  3. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

I don't think you will be missed.

4. lsu-i-like

Asshole. I just meant I'll be cheering the bully's same as I'd cheer a run by LAtech. I'll still watch every excruciating moment this year and be pulling for things to turn around. But you had to go and be a dique.

shane0911 likes this.
  5. lsu-i-like

Also realized that of Miles successful QBs, one was recruited by Saban and one by GA. Id say Lee is Miles' most successful QB recruit, and Miles benched him halfway through a very successful season to play JJ. You have to give Miles credit for picking up Mettenberger once he came available, but damn. I'd like to hear an argument against because from what I can tell, this is piss poor.

PS - Some would include JarJar Russell as a good QB. I thought he was subpar despite the talent; it felt to me like we won despite his contributions, not because of. But even if you include him, that's 3.5 of 10 and another Saban recruit.

6. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

I agree, but I think Harris can be a pro style QB.

7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Bye now. See you when the sun is shining.

LaSalleAve and Robidoux87 like this.
  8. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

9. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I think you're discounting Russell's contributions as a QB. I realize his pro career was a major embarrassment and disappointment, but he was the first player taken overall and engineered some exciting games for LSU, making some incredible throws, etc.

Pintoracer likes this.
  10. Pintoracer

Pintoracer Somewhere in The Matrix

I honestly believe Harris can be the QB LSU needs. Miles needs to get out of the way and give full control of the offense to CCC and let him help the team generate some offense.

ParadiseiNC likes this.