No comparison Big 10 vs SEC

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by emry123, Dec 9, 2007.

1. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Oh, and just so you know, the last time ND was a legit powerhouse was 1988 to 1993.

2. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Also, despite the weak schedule USC has, I do consider them the biggest powerhouse in college football at this time (and I'm glad to hear they will be playing Ohio State in the regular season soon, that will be awesome). And although I tend to like the more old school coaches, I do have to admit that Hollywood Pete Carroll has a cool thing going on.

[​IMG]

3. phlashman

phlashman Founding Member

Lets expand on that and just try to keep it simple. Without being prejudice one way or the other. Imagine what would happen if OS had played LSU's schedule this year. Be honest now, how many games would OS win or lose?

By the same token, imagine LSU playing OS's schedule for this year, what would the result look like?

Like I said...no prejudice, just be honest.

:tigereye::tigereye::tigereye::tigereye::tigereye:

4. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Hmmm.......maybe that's why we waited until '97 and '98 to schedule them but they beat us in both of those games........just so you know.

5. khounba

khounba Founding Member

LSU wasn't exactly burning it up then. Remember, we had a pretty useless coach. Yet we still managed an Independence Bowl victory against them.

6. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

I'll see your opple and raise you an arange...:thumb:

I'll repeat my mantra:
    "Being the One is like being in love. No one can tell you you're in love, you just know it. Through and through. Balls to bones."

Please read between the lines...:cool:

7. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Yeah, don't remind me. Those two losses to a washed-up ND program were humiliating. I was at the '97 game in Tiger Stadium. They beat us down like little girls (6-24). It was one of the worst days of my life. At least we got revenge at the end of the season by beating them 27-9 in the Independence Bowl (we wore the yellow jerseys -- Rondall Mealey came in for an injured Faulk and had like 222 yards rushing). But yeah, then we go up to ND in '98 and lost again. Humiliating. Imagine how you people would have felt had ND somehow beat us in the Sugar last year.

8. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Oh, me too! I watched it at home but was SICK! That was a bad loss for me.

I wonder where Mealey is now?

9. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

I know you're new here, so just to help out...you should know that uscvball and lsutiga are both HUGE USC homers...tiga being the biggest.:hihi:

Anyway, bottom line is this...USC tries to schedule good OOC teams, but most teams don't. Why should they? So nobody says mean things about them as they prepare to play for the :crystal: ? Who cares??

We generally try to schedule one good OOC team a year...this year was VT. That turned out great for us, as we destroyed them on the field, and yet they wound up #3 in the final ranking.

USC tried with Nebraska, but that turned out to be a joke.

tOSU tried with Washington, and that was a joke all along...I don't care WHEN you scheduled them.:shock: Just because they played in the Rose Bowl a few years ago doesn't mean they were a national power...see Illinois this year.:thumb:

10. Bayou Bengal11

Bayou Bengal11 ~Orlando Tiger Coonass~

or ND last year :lol: