No comparison Big 10 vs SEC

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by emry123, Dec 9, 2007.

1. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

I'll give you Washington. They have, at least, been a good team at some point. But to schedule the likes of Akron, Kent St., and Youngstown St is unforgiveable. They have not, are not, and never will be national powers. You open next year with Youngstown AGAIN and then Ohio, both AT HOME. Until SOS includes some component to consider home/away and some negative for Div1AA, don't talk to me about OOC games.

See you in Los Angeles..............sucka.

2. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Well, I was one who looked for the possiblity of going undefeated or possibly one loss and it was within reach.

With Florida; however, I was also one who'd posted several times that I questioned their preseason ranking because they were losing 9 starters on the defense.

I have to admit that they were better than I thought they'd be and they could have very well only had one loss- looking back- but hey, like you said before you edited your post, I'm hear to learn bro. :hihi:

3. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Well, we could just drop out of the SEC and join a weaker conference. That would be a big help. But who would be in favor of that?

Second, luck plays a big part. Like having players step up at the right places and in the right times -- and doing so enough to have these incredibly amazing seasons. This year Hester and Steltz stepped up and had amazing seasons. Unfortunately these two guys didn't have a lot of potential in the first place. Now if someone like RP, KW, ED, GD, TJ, AH, or CJ would have stepped up and had an amazing season, that would have been huge for us. Oh yeah, I know, a lot of these guys were hampered by injuries. But that's part of any sport.

4. MrCodeDude

MrCodeDude Founding Member

YSU, Akron and Kent State are all cupcakes, there's no point in denying it. All teams schedule them (LSU played Middle Tennessee State, Tulane and Louisiana Tech). You aren't going to play a home-home against a cupcake because the other team gets a certain amount of money for coming to play. The small school gets money for their athletic department and the big school gets a win (which isn't always guaranteed, see this year Michigan v. App St).

The YSU, Akron and Kent State squads feature guys who were not picked up by Ohio State, so you better believe their coming hungry for their chance at redemption.

5. LSUTiga

USC doesn't. This year they had Idaho and Nebraska/ND in a down year- what an understatement- but last year they had the toughest OOC schedule.

TigerBait, watch, here's where the homers say yeah but they play in the weak PAC10. lol

6. gunlap

gunlap Founding Member

USC is known for their brutal schedule. The 3 non-conference teams they played this year won a total of 9 games.

Most top teams will play a tough non conference game and schedule 2 or 3 cupcake games ($ for the visiting team).

Look at Oklahoma's non conference schedule - not very challenging either.

7. LSUTiga

Yeah and one of those programs is 5-0 against us. Twice in the Orange, twice in the Sugar and twice in the home and away series; the other is 5-5 against LSU.

Like I said, the teams they schedule for their OOC games had a down year but at the time they were put on their schedule, nobody knew this was to come.

I'd love to see the day an SEC school scheduled Nebraska and Notre Dame for two of their OOC games.

Last year they had Arkansas, Nebraska, and Notre Dame.

8. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

I don't think that too many people would agree with that.

9. MrCodeDude

MrCodeDude Founding Member

The Pac 10 in a good year, with ND as a national power, USC easily has one of the toughest schedules in the nation.

10. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Give me the last season in history that USC had a schedule that could be called brutal. I'll look it up and tell you what I think (when I get around to it).