Nick Saban accuses A&M & Deion Sanders of buying their 2022 recruits in a fiery NIL rant

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Hou-duco, May 19, 2022.

1. Mr. B

Mr. B Founding Member

Where did UT land in the rankings hell their boosters got more money than A&M

2. msully

msully Founding Member

3. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

If Young is only getting one million, he is very underpaid compared to some of the NIL deals these other QBs, who haven't even played a college game, are getting. Something tells me that Nicky is making sure that Young is getting taken care of!

4. XXL TideFan

XXL TideFan Founding Member

I know that everyone will find this hard to believe but I don’t know anything about Bama’s NIL framework. I’ve read a couple of thing that left me wondering how prepared we were for the “collective” aspects.

5. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

You don't have to worry about anything. If there's one thing I know about Saban, it's that he's always ahead of the game, unfortunately!

6. msully

msully Founding Member

I do not know much the Universities do not pay the student athletes. It will change amateur sports
    What I found is there is a company that is a go between the student and the NCAA . The NCAA WILL PAY THE STUDENT . I will try to find it again . To me it becomes simi pro sports

XXL TideFan likes this.
  7. Truth teller

Truth teller Freshman

I think Saban's comments spoke volumes as to Bama's preparedness, and possibly ability, to compete with some schools we know have loaded fanbases. But only time will tell.

8. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

I can promise you this, Saban will get what he wants! In Alabama, Saban walks on water and fans/rich alumni will absolutely give him whatever he needs. They also know if he doesn't get what he wants, Saban is the type of person that could walk away without notice and that's the last thing they want. Saban is a walking/talking money machine that's made a lot of people and the university a lot of money. What Saban wants, Saban will get!

9. Truth teller

Truth teller Freshman

That's how it's always been in the past, granted. We're entering a whole new and untested era now. It's not just about winning championships on an amateur level anymore. These are the pros with free agency freedom, straight out of high school. You'd think the best would be to put in the work and get developed in preparation for the next level, but lets be honest. Instant gratification is a hard thing to turn down, especially when you grew up with nothing and your family is struggling. It will be interesting, hopefully not disheartening. My fear is the institution with the deepest pockets will outlast an institution that is lucky enough to have a great coach for a number of years, like Saban and Alabama. At least then we'd know once Saban retires the next guy will have have a hard time being as dominant. But yea, Saban will get good recruits, he just may not be the one snatching our best players from Louisiana, as he's pretty used to doing. The Texas schools will be a-calling.

BornOnTheBayou likes this.