Nick Saban accuses A&M & Deion Sanders of buying their 2022 recruits in a fiery NIL rant

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Hou-duco, May 19, 2022.

1. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

No I’m sure he was only learning from the master sleeve then.

XXL TideFan likes this.
  2. msully

msully Founding Member

Do not forget lil sabans million dollar QB HE BRAGGED ABOUT LAST SEASON.

shane0911 likes this.
  3. msully

msully Founding Member

Be careful. NIL is legal right ?

4. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

What I'm saying is Jimbo is very quick tempered and if Saban continues to throw jabs that Jimbo might spill the beans on what happened with illegal payments to players during his time working as an assistant under Saban. I don't think Jimbo would do that because there's an unwritten "code" among coaches that they all know the other is cheating, but you don't talk about it in public and you don't throw other coaches under the bus. Period! Saban broke that rule and if he continues to test his luck and throw jabs at Jimbo, I could see stories breaking about Saban's past recruiting tactics to land a certain named recruit, of course, by anonymous sources but would contain enough information to create a lot of problems for Saban. I'm not saying Jimbo would do that, but college football is a nasty, filthy business and it's about winning at all cost. Jimbo landed on a gold mine at A&M with his huge guaranteed contract and he's not going to let anyone - including Nicky - rain on his parade!

Last edited: May 20, 2022
  5. XXL TideFan

XXL TideFan Founding Member

Sankey already backhanded both and forbade Kiffin to go on the Dan Patrick Show today.

6. rockwallfan

rockwallfan Founding Member

Saban has a point, and he's got the biggest voice. He screwed up, but he was spot on. This whole NIL and transfer portal crap kind of clarifies why Jimbo won't be taking any other jobs. A&M has more $'s at its disposal to get the best players than about anyone else. Not that I'm uncovering anything that many others have already but the best coaches and players are going to go to the richest school fan bases. Will Bama, Georgia and LSU be able to field competing squads? Will it be the A&M's, Longhorns, and the USC's of the world taking over? I can't see great recruiters being as valuable a commodity as they have been historically. I hate this. Furthermore, will these college guys feel like their freedoms have been taken from them by going pro after having carte blanche during their college years? I can't see how they won't. Heck, even before that... it's no longer the college field that is the proving ground, it's the high school field. If you're great in high school you'll likely sign a contract and make big $'s before stepping on college campus.

7. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Well damn, Kittens the gift that keeps on giving.

8. Perple

Perple Founding Member

Typical Michigan / Big 10 bitchfest. Braylen Edwards has a few interesting things to say.

At 32 minutes in:

9. Perple

Perple Founding Member

His gift last year was a 2 TD ass whipping on National TV, helping fat man out the door faster.

Bad, embarrassing loss, but hopefully a positive outcome this year with improved coaching.

BornOnTheBayou likes this.
  10. TBTrumpet

TBTrumpet Founding Member