Nice Example of Fake News.

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by onceanlsufan, Nov 13, 2018.

1. onceanlsufan

onceanlsufan Founding Member

http://fortune.com/2018/11/12/fda-drug-recall-blood-pressure-losartan/

To read the headline, one would come away thinking losartan, a BP medicine causes cancer. One would think that FDA recalled ALL losartan.

Lying bastards.

Truth ... a contaminate in one lot of losartan manufactured by Santos is loosely associated with cancer risk in humans. Most people take a generic not manufactured by Santos. I can’t help but wonder how many unsuspecting people stopped their medicine, putting theirselves at risk of a stroke because of this lying bullshit. ... all because of the left wing media’s beef with Big Pharma.

2. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

"all because of the left wing media’s beef with Big Pharma".... you're kinda blind in one eye,.. you don't think the left media takes in $billions selling ad space to big pharmaceuticals? They have no beef with their cash cow.

Dems, Repubs, Left media, Right media,.. the same big money controls them all,.. they all make money off pill makers.

Frogleg, kcal, uscvball and 3 others like this.
  3. onceanlsufan

I don’t dispute your point about the media ... all media being in love with the ad money from Pharma. But that wasn’t the point of the post. The point is that the Title Headline needs to reflect the story.

4. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

yeah ocean, you're right,.. I've always thought it weird that the person who writes the headlines, isn't the one who wrote the article.

The bigger issue is, we're being jerked around,.. bombarded with propaganda from all sides, shameless manipulation, and we have no place to go for news that we can trust,.. I guess it's our job to filter out the crap,.. I miss Walter Cronkite.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2018
    onceanlsufan likes this.
  5. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

Used to take Losartan. So . . . I read both the headline and the article. I have pretty good reading comprehension, so . . . I saw one lot was affected, distributed after 10/18, and less than 1% in question.

Pretty straightforward.

onceanlsufan likes this.
  6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

This is the 21st century and sadly, that's the way it is.

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  7. onceanlsufan

Guess we’ll have to chalk it up to click bait. .... put up a scary misleading title .... get the click, ...then go on to tell the not so scary story.

Really, my ma in law called me last night all worried cause she takes losartan. That’s how I even know about it, and given I’m a pharmacologist, I’m always getting these questions about this crap.

GiantDuckFan likes this.