NFL games in England

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by LaSalleAve, Nov 1, 2015.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

you think England is happy that the NFL sends them the shittiest game of the week?

2. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Beats watching their version of football.

Bengal B likes this.
  3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

i think its a good idea. no one would watch these games otherwise. now many more watch. they should schedule the worst game each week there which seems to be what theyre doing. they still plan on having 2 teams in london at some point. now this seems like a bad idea.

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Good luck at any team in London signing free agents.

5. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

the travel would be pretty ridiculous.

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Jacksonville is the team most likely to move. Would they stay in the AFC South?
    Would be a bitch for road games each way. Would players have to pay British taxes?

Any team moving to England will be a bad team and will stay a bad team

7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I'd much rather watch Arsenal play Man U than the Chiefs and Lions.

I agree having a team in London is a stupid fucking idea. Every player will hold out in the draft if London tries to draft them.

Yes they would have to pay British taxes on their game checks played in London, makes you wonder if the teams that play there in these regular season games have to pay them too.

I know players that play for Canadian teams in the NBA pay Canadian taxes.

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I would rather watch a 45-7 Chiefs-Lions game than a 1-0 soccer game decided in overtime on penalty kicks

Jacksonville plays a game in London every year. They have a full time year round employee just to arrange hotel rooms, transport of equipment, practice fields and everything else involved. And that's for just one game a year. JVille keeps a storage room in London with practice equipment just so they don't have to ship it there and back.
    Teams playing London on the road would have to do the same thing. Teams in their division would have at least one game a year to deal with.

British taxes are very high on everybody, especially those with high incomes. Like NFL players. As American citizens they would also have to pay US income tax as well as state tax if they aren't in a state with no state income taxes. When Phil Mikelson won the British open he won almost $2 Million but with British, American and California taxes he was only able to keep about a third of it.

I heard former LSU and MLB baseball player Ryan Theriot the other day. He said if he played football and was drafted by a team in England he would just do something else and not play football. No free agents are going to sign with a team in London. Draft picks are going to hold out. Will fans in London continue to support a really bad team year after year?

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I just noticed on the ESPN website that the soccer championship game which might be their version of the Superbowl was a scoreless tie in regulation. No wonder those people are starved for some real football, even if it's the worst of the worse. Even a 45-7 game has some scoring to keep the fans from falling asleep

10. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I'd assume yes, MLB and NBA players have to pay state taxes on game checks when they play on the road so I can't see it any different for the NFL