NFL Draft 2017

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tirk, Apr 20, 2017.

1. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I don't think he has been in jail. He made a mistake and laid a chic out. I'd bet he doesn't have any more off the field trouble. Kid seems pretty contrite in his apology. One of the most honest I've heard to date.

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

As much as we knock the Saints draft decisions they could have done a lot worse. They could have done better too. The biggest need was a pass rusher and I would have selected Jonathon Allen rather than Lattimore. If they really wanted Reuben Foster they should have hedged their bet by trading up. That's on Loomis for not doing his homework and knowing what the 49ers biggest need at that slot was. If they wanted a corner rather than Foster they could have traded up. Not going to lay the blame for Tre White not being on the board because I thought he would last until the early second round.

But the biggest boneheaded move so far goes to the Chicago Bears. OK, I understand that Mike Glennon may not be the long term solution at QB and drafting a QB would be a priority. But not so big a priority to give up 4 picks to trade up only one spot and then draft a QB with only 13 college starts. If they really wanted Trubisky why trade up at all. If the 49ers wanted him they wouldn't have agreed to the trade. Unless they did want Trubisky but the opportunity to take Chicago to the woodshed was too tempting to pass up.

The WTF Award goes to the Kansas City Chiefs. Not for drafting a QB in the first round even though it wasn't an immediate need. But to trade up 17 spots for a guy who will be holding a clipboard all season won't help the Chiefs to get better this year when a smart move would have been to draft a player at a position of immediate need.

Kudos to the Cleveland Browns for not giving in to the temptation of keeping the #12 pick and bringing Deshaun Watson the graveyard of quarterbacks. Jabrill Peppers should be a game 1 starter.

I saw one mock that had the Saints picking Kendall Beckwith with pick #103. If he has fully recovered from ACL surgery he could be a steal if he lasts till then.

5. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

This is so Saints.

@JeffDarlington 4/28/17 5:12 p.m.

Oh my gosh. Reuben Foster says the Saints called him to welcome him to the team. He got another call. It was 49ers. HE HUNG UP ON SAINTS

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Is the domain name firemickeyloomis.com available

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

10. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Yes! Another defensive back! Can't have enough of them, since the Saints have obviously decided to let QBs have all the time they want to find receivers.

Richdog and GiantDuckFan like this.