NFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME-Saints Vs Vikings Sunday 1/24 5:40pm

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by Cajun Sensation, Jan 17, 2010.

1. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

I believe the 2 x factors in this game are Favre and Bush. Whoever has the most impact on their teams performance will decide the winner. If Favre has a percision game with little pressure this could be a long day for the Saints fans. If he has a meltdown game and the D rattles him, it will be a long day for the Vikings. If Bush can keep the Vikings D off balance and make explosive runs, Brees will have time to throw to anyone he wants. If the Vikings D shuts Bush down, then this will make us a more one dimensional team. I know we have more weapons than Bush in the backfield, but I think he is the difference maker for us back there.

My take

Saints 38Saintslogo

Vikings 24

Super Bowl here we come.

On a side note, I don't think neither the Colts or the Jets could beat either the Saints or the Vikings. This will be an NFC Champions SuperBowl.

2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Saints 34, Vikings 17

3. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

I'm still waiting for a status report on Shockey and Meachem. If would royally suck if we come this close and then have more injuries than our opponent again.

I wonder what kind of running game we would've had if Jamaal Brown and Heath Evans had not been injured. This offense is still stacked after losing two great players. We also played many games without Shockey and Lance Moore...and Bell, Bush, and Thomas have rarely been healthy at the same time.

When you consider the number of injuries we've had this year on defense it's amazing to think this team is 14-3. If they stay healthy...damn, we may finally get there!

4. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

hey, you trying to steal my prediction (see post #2) :hihi::hihi::hihi:

5. JM Tiger

JM Tiger Founding Member

Jeff Duncan's tweets (twits?) say "Shockey has a bruised knee, per Sean Payton. Should be back at practice on Wed."

A couple of earlier ones read:

"Pierre Thomas said his sprained right ankle is fine. He just tweaked it. Should be ok."

"Payton did not mention injuries. Jeremy Shockey said he was OK. Robert Meachem had a protective boot on his left ankle as a precaution."

I'd link them but I just read them on my iPhone using the WhoDat app and don't use tweeter on the computer.

6. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

The karma is building again...every time I turn on ESPN (TV or Radio), another ex-jock is picking the Vikings. They all say the same thing: Jared Allen, Pat Williams, Kevin Williams. None of them have bothered to notice that those guys will face a Saints line that features 2 Pro Bowlers and a third who received All Pro votes. That matchup is not nearly the slam dunk edge for the Vikes that everyone thinks it is.

Tedy Bruschi was just asked if Brett Favre (and all ESPN commentators should be directed to spit out Favre's testicles before commenting) should pay more attention to the Saints' fast start or their sluggish finish. He went on to analyze Gregg Williams' style of calling coverages. Hey Tedy, here's your answer:"The Saints defense was among the league's best until both starting cornerbacks and 2 of their 3 starting linebackers started bouncing in and out of the lineup with injuries. They're all back, they're all healthy, this is the fast start Saints, not the slow finish."

And, they all think they've got the Vikes defensive strategy in place: stop Reggie Bush. Oh, they won't have to, because "Reggie rarely has 2 good games in a row." Let me do some more homework for you clowns. In the Saints' signature wins, which I define as Philly, Jets, Giants, Miami, Carolina, Monday night Atlanta, and the Pats, Reggie had a combined 29 carries from scrimmage, 13 in the Philly game. Didn't even dress against the Patriots. If the Vikes think defensive job one is to stop Reggie, we'll win by 20.

1 person likes this.
  7. CDUB_TEAMKATT

CDUB_TEAMKATT Founding Member

8. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

9. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

10. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Re: NFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME-Saints Vs Viking Sunday 1/24 5:40pm

No game this year would probably mean more for the Saints to get off to a great start than this one.

In the 5 games in which the Vikings have found themselves trailing, Brett Favre has thrown 6 of his 7 interceptions and has also lost 2 fumbles.

Force Brett to make plays and likely he will make the wrong play for his team.