NFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME-Saints Vs Vikings Sunday 1/24 5:40pm

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by Cajun Sensation, Jan 17, 2010.

1. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

there's two weeks before the game. with a win like this, the players are allowed to enjoy it a little. they've earned that much.
    i don't think payton is the type of coach (remember the funeral service/burial he had for all the 2006 accolades before the 07 season?) or brees the kind of QB/leader who will be satisfied with "we made it."

in fact, brees said in his post game interview about "finishing strong down in miami."

as for the fans this has been an extremely long time coming. why act like we've been there before when we haven't?

the colts, just like the vikes are probably a more complete team than the saints but i'll say this...i like the way we matchup with them. the one difference being the lack of domefield advantage.

if we can beat minnesota we can beat indy. the 3.5 pt line (or whatever it is now) is pretty just. i really expect a shootout btwn manning and brees. if our D can be opportunistic then there's no reason the saints can't win it all.

2. Bayou Bengal11

Bayou Bengal11 ~Orlando Tiger Coonass~

3. Krypto

Krypto Huh?

So since Deuce was on the playoff roster for the Saints, does he get a NFC Champion Ring? God i hope so.

4. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

I think that's for the team to decide, and it seems like I heard they've already said yes.

5. pjnchamps

pjnchamps Founding Member

He will just like Indy gave Edge a Super Bowl Ring. Beerman will probably get one as well

6. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

7. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

They gave everything they had and won one of the most exciting NFC championship games in history after being on the brink of losing it. Of course they're going to be excited. Cut them some slack.

I will tell you this, though. There were no champagne celebrations in the locker room, like there is in baseball when a team earns a freakin wild card birth, so they didn't go as 'nuts' as you're insinuated. They enjoyed the win that night, but it's all business after that. They'll be ready.

8. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

i already posted that im not talking about celebration immediately after the game. a W on a FG in OT should cause that reaction even in reg season. the reaction that makes me question their readiness for the SB is stuff like vilma sitting the dome for hours after the game just soaking up all they accomplished, and the team/city having a parade.

9. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

the team had a parade? guess i didn't hear about it. vilma sitting in the dome for hours - contemplating what they had accomplished. that's bad how?

10. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

the fear is that vilma's actions indicate that he is more satisfied with winning the nfc than focused on the sb. but this discussion is really silly. im starting to regret bringing it up. if they lose theres no way to tell why---unless, maybe, they come out afterwards and say "im just happy we got here"