Next

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by mctiger, Mar 13, 2015.

1. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Nothing flashy, but looks like good solid players that should be early starters instead of all the projects of recent Saints drafts. The Brees window is closing, Saints need players that can contribute now.

2. TwistedTiger

Saints had the worst LB Corp in the NFL last season and the draft shows Payton knows it.

LSUDad likes this.
  3. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Loved the discussion between McShay and Kiper on Kikaha. McShay is pointing out that the guy produces on the field and Kiper is countering with Combine bullshit and scout catchphrases.

4. TwistedTiger

How many work out wonders have we seen fly up draft boards and bust on the football field. It's hard to trump been there done that! Guys that consistently get the job done at a high level succeed for a reason. Again, the Saints have done a complete 180 and are drafting quality proven players rather than reaching for overrated projects .

LSUDad likes this.
  5. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Exactly, and I've been beating that drum for years. If I ran a team, the only use I'd have for the Combine is in the room where I get to sit and talk to the players.

tirk and LSUDad like this.
  6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Saints take QB Garrett Grayson from Colorado State with the 75th pick of the draft. I didn't see that coming. I thought they would go for a receiver, corner or tight end.

LSUDad likes this.
  7. TwistedTiger

Wasted pick IMO. This guy has no chance of starting for another 3 years. Too many holes to fill at DT, DE, WR and CB to waste a pick on a guy that will be a free agent before he has a realistic chance to contribute.

Bengal B likes this.
  8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I was feeling pretty good about the draft until that pick. Saints need guys who can play now. I hope they don't waste the bac half of the draft.

9. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

I like this player.

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

You like the player but do you like the pick in the third round when the Saints still have other more immediate needs to address? . Grayson won't be ready this season to be Brees's backup so the Saints will have to carry 3 QBs on the 53 man roster. By the time Breed is gone Grayson will be a free agent.

LSUDad likes this.