Next celebrity death

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by islstl, Aug 2, 2009.

1. COLD SMOKE

COLD SMOKE Founding Member

I remember his work in The Jackal with Bruce Willis and Richard Gere, Sneakers with Robert Redford et al, and To Sir with Love probably because of the song of the same name.

kluke and xlnsports like this.
  2. kluke

kluke Founding Member

I was thinking the exact same thing about both Jackal and Sneakers. Main thing I remember about To Sir with Love was I had a thing for Lulu. I don't even remember why. Probably only lasted a few weeks or months. !5 year old boys and shit like that!!

Winston1 and COLD SMOKE like this.
  3. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Donor Gillis is gone.
    Dwayne Hickman, star of 'The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis' dead at 87

Actor Dwayne Hickman, best known as the star of the TV series "The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis," has died at age 87.

Hickman’s publicist, Harlan Boll, confirmed his death to Fox News Digital on behalf of the late actor’s family. Boll noted that he died on Jan. 9 in Los Angeles, Calif. due to complications caused by Parkinson's disease.

In addition to his best-known TV hit, Hickman was also on "The Bob Cummings Show" before starring as the titular Dobie Gillis, which ran for 147 episodes between 1959 and 1963. The series saw the crew-cut sporting Hickman as a 25-year-old student always trying to court the best-looking, unattainable girls from around town. His friend and co-star, Bob Denber of "Gilligan’s Island," played his best friend, Maynard G. Krebs.

FORMER PLAYBOY BUNNY JAKI NETT GETS CANDID ON MEETING HUGH HEFNER, WHY SHE LEFT THE CLUB: 'I GRIEVED SO MUCH'

In the statement announcing his death, Boll made sure to note that the date of Hickman’s death just so happened to fall on the same day as Denver’s birthday.

After the show ended, Hickman attended Loyola University where he earned a B.S. in Economics before getting back into show business with movies for A.I.P. such as "How to Stuff a Wild Bikini" with Annette Funicello and "Ski Party" with Frankie Avalon. He also starred opposite Jane Fonda and Oscar-winner Lee Marvin in the 1965 movie "Cat Ballou."

CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP FOR OUR ENTERTAINMENT NEWSLETTER

Meanwhile, his other TV credits include "The Lone Ranger," "The Loretta Young Show," "Wagon Train," "Ironside," "The Flying Nun," "The Mod Squad," "Combat," "Ellery Queen," "Murder, She Wrote" and "Clueless."

In the 1970s, Hickman did a stint as Entertainment Director at Howard Hughes’ Landmark Hotel in Las Vegas. He then returned to TV, this time as a network executive at CBS Television for about 10 years working on shows like "Maude," "MAS*H" and "Designing Women." He eventually got in front of the camera again for the CBS Movie of the Week, "Bring Me The Head Of Dobie Gillis," which reunited him with Denver.

This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

©2022FOX News Network, LLC. All rights reserved.

4. TBTrumpet

TBTrumpet Founding Member

Nooooo!!!! Not Danny Tanner! Gone too soon :(
    436AC286-6F51-4EB5-93CF-325DE317E8EE.jpeg

5. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Fuck him, he was an asshole, chalk up another one to the vax

6. APPTiger

APPTiger still unable to post Geaux Tigers!

Ronnie Spector

Winston1 likes this.
  7. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Damn she was special and a real 60s icon.

8. xlnsports

xlnsports Cajun In Exile

You should write greeting cards :p

kcal, Winston1, kluke and 1 other person like this.
  9. kluke

kluke Founding Member

fify

xlnsports likes this.
  10. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Famed UK basketball coach Joe B. Hall dies at age 93.

kcal likes this.