New Year's Resolution

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by 65Grad, Jan 1, 2013.

1. 65Grad

65Grad Maturity is Overrated

I'm not one who usually makes resolutions, but I feel I can no longer maintain an emotional attachment to our football team.

I've been here through the good, the bad and the ugly and the good again, but cannot ever remember having to watch teams of this quality squander so many opportunities to win, be it through poor execution, poor game planning, poor coaching and of course the continuing series of some of the dumbest ingame/clock management decisions I have ever seen, made by a guy making millions of dollars.

Guess I've just gotten to old for this $hit!:(

Eliminator55 and HalloweenRun like this.
  2. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

I'm in your age group so I feel your pain. Hang in there Bro. As you wrote, we've been through a lot. I'm madder than hell this morning, but as time passes I'll get over it and before you know it I'll be counting the days till the first game.

Don't give up on our Tigers.

StaceyO and ParadiseiNC like this.
  3. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Whatever happened to enjoying the game, win or lose, with friends and family.

Most of my great LSU memories where with the actual people there. People I will never forget.

Losing sucks, but being an LSU fan is so much more than that.

StaceyO and ParadiseiNC like this.
  4. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

I am a tad younger but been a fan since 1958. You hit the nail exactly on the head. Could not have said it better. I guess age takes its toll, when you know what you got, based on many years of comparison, and you see the flaccid result.

LSUpride123 likes this.
  5. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

This is the relationship I feel with LSU football. I'll be honest, I wasn't into last night's game at all. My dad, with whom I've enjoyed many LSU games, is in ICU after a triple bypass on Sunday morning. Things like that put football into perspective. It doesn't count for crap.

4EvrLSU and TigerTap like this.
  6. gynojunkie

gynojunkie "Pooties R Us"

Shoot! Best to your dad, StaceyO. (I was out to dinner during the game, saw the last 1/2 on the tv in the bar--I was sickened--for the umpteenth time this year)!

7. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Plus one. Best wishes for your Dad from Colorado.

8. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

Stacey -- Hope things improve for your Dad.

9. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Being with friend and family is a joy, but this team is no longer any fun to watch. We've had maybe 3 games all year where we executed well in all 3 phases from the 1-4th Q. Every other game, even the ones we won, were extremely frustrating to watch and instead of being happy that we won, it was more like relief. I'm sure I'm not the only one that feels this way.

That said, I guess I'm a glutton for punishment because I'll continue watching and supporting them, no matter what.

cul2969, cwatsn and HalloweenRun like this.
  10. 4EvrLSU

4EvrLSU Like a '59 Cadillac

You probably are not. However, I am just usually happy we won, and if we did not, am over it in a day or two. Generally because life hits me with something much more real and reminds me that as much as I love LSU, it is a game, and those wins and losses hit the young men that play the game a lot harder than they do me. As StaceyO pointed out, life gets put in perspective.

For me, spending the day with friends, tailgating for home games, watching with family for away games, and enjoying the experience as a whole is a part of it. When the band takes the field, I get goosebumps. I get choked up like a little girl over the playing of the Alma Mater and the National Anthem. Flyover's take my breath away and remind me of those serving our country.

I sat through the Hallman years and lived. I remember being excited about the Poulan-Weed Eater Bowl.

Sure I am disappointed about last night. But my resolution is to enjoy LSU football for as long as life will let me. There will come a day when I will be an old fart thinking "I wish I had the strength to get out and go to a game".

Winston1 likes this.