New Uniforms for LSU Coming Soon - Photo Added to First Post

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUGradin99, Nov 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DRC

DRC TigerNator

Re: New Uniforms for LSU Coming Soon?

Nike had a lot of trouble getting this uniform approved. They had to re-work the padding several times and eliminate the built in thigh pad before the NCAA would allow it. Their first designs on the hip and tail bone pads had to be trashed because they were too stiff and they completely threw out the built in thigh pads choosing a pocket insert instead. Regardless of how it "looks" this design is a major investment for Nike. We'll see if it takes off.

2. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

I have loved LSU's uniforms forever. Can't imagine any change will be better. I bet they will start increasing the amount of black in the uniform. That seems to be the trend for some reason. Can't figure out why.

Pity VA TECH..they have to have the ugliest uniforms in existence. I saw the white ones last week, and my first thought was LSU, with different colors, but they are a huge improvement over their old crap.

Let us hope the unis look as good as the team.

3. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

Based on those two - this is not likely going to be good to look at. I hope the AD is raking in tons of $$. Because I have a feeling most of us are going to hate this...

4. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Where are the would be LSU uniforms? The link I saw only contained TCU, Va Tech, and Fla St.

5. lsu_mackey

lsu_mackey Agent Purple

Supposedly we will see our first "legitimate" glimpse (a.k.a not leaked) on November 29th before the Ar-Kansas game.

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

New fabric is great. New padding is great. Just keep the faggy designers that did the last Nike uniform for LSU away. Keep the traditional colors and design on th helmet, jersey, and pants. They can go hog wild on shoes and gloves for all I care.

1 person likes this.
  7. GeauxColonels

GeauxColonels Freshman

One thing about VaTech, the unis that are similar to LSU's are actually their throwback unis which have been rumored to become their regular unis next year. VaTech is notorious for trying out 4 or 5 jerseys a year...including the incredibly ugly one-sleeve look that Florida also tried a few years back.

There are 10 teams that will be participating in the Nike "Rivalry" program:
    Texas
    Ohio State
    Florida State
    Virginia Tech
    TCU
    Miami
    Florida
    Missouri
    Oklahoma
    LSU

Florida State, Virginia Tech and TCU have been pretty much released and all are considerable changes from their current sets. Personally, I like FSU and VaTech's sets (except for the ugly gradient on the numbers). Also, it's been all but confirmed that Oklahoma will be wearing white throwback helmets with their new unis against Texas Tech in a few weeks. Ohio State and Texas have both also gone the "throwback" route with this program. However, the Buckeye unis add in some "modern" elements - namely the ugly spirograph-looking design on the shoulders you've seen in both the VaTech and TCU sets. Texas's unis are basically a straight throwback look...this is what I'm hoping LSU does.

Here are a few pics leaked on the net:
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Also here are the rumored uni sets for Ohio State and Texas:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. GeauxColonels

GeauxColonels Freshman

Here are the TCU press photos. Not a good look for LSU, but for TCU I can live with it:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Geez what is this football, or The Running Man?

10. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

i dont know. to me those tcu pants looks an awful lot like fishnet stockings. i think some designers head was somewhere else when they came up with that..... :hihi:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.