New RB Coach

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by watson1880, Feb 11, 2020.

1. Rolan

Rolan Back to my roots

I wouldn't say that at all, passing game coordinator under Coach E and to run our scheme not theirs. I am sure that probably eliminates a good portion of offensive coaches that want to prove their genius and their system. For sure a top position at a top school, but I will give you some fan cred there for propping up the position a bit higher than it should be.

2. BP

BP Founding Member

OK, I'll bite. If I'm a hotshot OC, why would I not want to work under O?... Oh yeah!!! Cause it worked out so badly for my immediate predecessor.... Sorry, I keep forgetting that he last season's guy just sort of wandered off into the wilderness. I mean it's not like he got a heluva promotion and salary increase.... No1> If i'm a hotshot OC, I definitely do NOT want to work for O.... Could be the end of my career as I know it.

3. unclenick

unclenick LSU & USMC

I should have been more clear. Let me rephras it. I wasn't literally talking about coaches calling into the damn Batphone. I was trying to indicate that there were no big/good names "Buzzing" around the AD dept. And now we know why.

4. BP

BP Founding Member

I don't. Please do enlighten me.

5. unclenick

unclenick LSU & USMC

That right there is sheer stupidty. E doesnt belong at OC, gumming up the works. He didnt run the Offense last year. ESPN says Brady is 99% responsible for the Championship, with Burrow of course. Not many knowledable fans would disagree. OC coaches look at LSU with the PGC position & say "No thanks". Why coach under E, if your a good OC?

Of course ESPN hates LSU. :eek:

6. unclenick

unclenick LSU & USMC

"Word gets around quickly". Better?

7. BP

BP Founding Member

How about because you could be known as the guy 99% responsible for another award winning offense?

8. BP

BP Founding Member

OK, either O made this hire on his own, cause he has the auhority to do so, or, the decision-makers all took a vacation at the same time somehwere where there is no phone or internet service, and O decided to ake adavantage of the situation, though you claim he doesn't have the balls to buck them, or the decision-makers made the decision as to whom to hire.... Which is it?

9. BP

BP Founding Member

And, what is the word? Don't get mixed up at LSU where you might be credited with winning a national championship?

10. unclenick

unclenick LSU & USMC

Me? Huh?