New RB Coach

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by watson1880, Feb 11, 2020.

1. Rolan

Rolan Back to my roots

It's a bit extreme, but this happened in 07 and it happens to all the championship teams to a degree. I would say this is for sure an outlier.

I am betting Coach O hits on most of his hires but I wouldn't be upset if he missed on a few.

2. unclenick

unclenick LSU & USMC

No, Jimbo was let go in 2006. Pelini took the HC job at Nebraska though. Not many assistants lost.

O's hires are done. Imo, they did a good job hiring Pelini, but bottom feeding on the PGC.

3. Brian

Brian Founding Member

I believe Frank Wilson was set to return but the chance to be a head coach came along and he couldn't pass it up. Hope he kills it.

Kevin Faulk has been out recruiting for us after the season and he's going to kill it imo. He's got Super Bowl rings to go along with that national championship we just won and can't hurt that he is a personal all time favorite teammate of Tom Brady. Robinson was a weakness as a recruiter imo which is truly the key responsibility of your RB coach. You need the teachers at OL, WR, e.t.c. your RB coach has got to be a stud recruiter.

Faulk will kill it recruiting locally but he's also very popular in the northeast from his pro days. Upgrade.

furduknfish likes this.
  4. Rolan

Rolan Back to my roots

I get it now, so you see this hire as O's sense you see it as less than. But the Brady hire was by the BOS... keep your shit straight man.

We will see, he did a hell of a job last time around with Brady. Not every cycle will be a giant grand slam like that one. I am not delusional, but to say it will all be bad is probably wrong too.

Brian likes this.
  5. unclenick

unclenick LSU & USMC

Faulk is the Director of Player Development at LSU.

Superbowl Rings gonna bring in recruits? Wonder how many Superbowl winners wiith rings, coach in CFB?

6. unclenick

unclenick LSU & USMC

Both hires are BOS. Slim pickins this year I guess.

Now your going in coaching "Cycles"?

7. BP

BP Founding Member

Everyone of whom left for a promotion.

Bengal B and ROY_LA_CA like this.
  8. unclenick

unclenick LSU & USMC

Like Jorge Munoz? It's true Dave Aranda was smart enough to put the PGC tag on him along with being WRs coach. Intelligence played a large part here.

9. BP

BP Founding Member

So, let's get this straight. Twp BOS members handpicked an unknown analyst and stuck their necks out to make sure he was hired. But then, when the guru left, in spite of their having done such a good job, and, I'm sure having their cred increased because of their judgement in personnel, they let O hire a PC that many believe is underwhelming.....

10. unclenick

unclenick LSU & USMC

They were protecting their investment, still are. Along with John Bel Edwards. Orgeron did not know who Joe Brady was, not even a clue. Please explain how he knows this guy from Dallas before he suddenly remembers meeting him in the 90s.

"I was at Evangeline Downs sometime in the 90s, and I ran into this coach and I was impressed.." -future O newspaper article