New Orleans Saints TRIVIA!!

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by Cajun Sensation, Aug 25, 2009.

1. CDUB_TEAMKATT

CDUB_TEAMKATT Founding Member

I know Ray Lewis is one of them. Do not know the other.

2. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Eddie George

3. mctiger

Having consulted with a walking databank of Saints trivia (rivalling even me:lol:)
    I am told that the kick was blocked by Renaldo Turnbull and returned by.....Robert Massey.

4. mctiger

Bump back to my previous quiz, any takers?

1. What two future Saints QB'd their high school teams against each other in a legendary state playoff matchup in the late 70's?

2. What lanky Saints WR of the Bum Phillips era was nicknamed "Ty in the Sky" for his ability to go up and snag high throws?

3. The Saints once shared training camp facilities in Florida with which Major League Baseball franchise?

4. How many times have the Saints played games (pre-season and regular season) outside the United States? Name the sites and opponents.

5. In the aforementioned games, what is the Saints record?

6. In their history, the Saints hold an all-time winning record (better than .500) against just two teams, one from each conference. Name them.

7. Against what AFC team do the Saints have their worst all-time winning percentage, beating them just twice out of 9 meetings?

8. Who was the first Saints running back to rush for more than 1,000 in a season?

9. Other than Eric Martin, name the only LSU alum to ever lead the Saints in receiving for a full season.

10. Name the 5 Saints (not all are players) in the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

5. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

Question about #10 do you mean any players that have come through the organization or who ended their careers with New Orleans?

6. mctiger

Probably Marvin Harrison

7. mctiger

I researched this one before I threw it out there. The Hall of Fame website lists these 5 people as being Saints in the Hall. It may be a coincidence, but all 5 ended their careers in New Orleans. Or it may be that the HoF recognized all of its members by the team they were with last...I don't know.

8. Crip*TEAM KATT

Yep!!! And Cdub was right about Ray Lewis...reguardless if they make the HOF they had better careers then Molden did!

9. Crip*TEAM KATT

There is only 1 TRUE Saint and that would be Jim Finks.

But players and coaches that made a stop here on their way to the HOF would be
    Earl Campbell...Jim Taylor...Doug Atkins and Hank Stram

10. mctiger

Actually, Atkins played for us for a few years and was an effective player, if not HoF quality at that point. Not like Taylor and Campbell, who were pretty much washed up when they came here.