New Orleans Saints Offseason and Draft Thread

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by pjnchamps, Feb 21, 2008.

1. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

Devery was looking good but just dropped a TD pass. Saints go for it on 4th down and come up short. That's not good for Henderson.

The Saints are up 10-0 but have dominated the Bengals. Carlson Palmer looks scared and the Saints' secondary has played decently. Mike McKenzie is back so that helps!

Saints 229 yards - Bengals 75 yards with less than two minutes to go in the half.

2. PURPLE TIGER

Saints 10 - Bengals 0 (H)

Carlson Palmer has been sacked four times and just walked off the field with a bloody nose...:hihi: USC candyass

3. PURPLE TIGER

They're headed to the 4th quarter and the Saints lead 13-0. The Bengals have had the ball nine times and have punted all nine times.

It's only preseason but the Saints have looked pretty good tonight. They have dominated the Bengals and should be leading by at least double the current score.

Colston and Bush each went out to the locker room for x-rays. Neither looked serious so hopefully it was precautionary.

4. PURPLE TIGER

The Bengals have never been shutout at home for a preseason game. They haven't been held scoreless in any preseason game since 1975. (by New Orleans! :wink:)

10 offensive possession for the Bengals = 10 punts

5. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

I think Skyler may have just played himself off the team tonight.

6. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

How so?

I'm not watching the game. CBSC is replaying last years SEC CG right now.

7. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

He let a punt hit the ground, it took a funny hop, then he tried to field it and ran backwards. Add to that that he's never had a good opportunity to return a punt and that he needed to be outstanding to make the team, I think this seals it. Outstanding he was not.

8. DarkHornet

Great job by the Saints tonight. Tempering my excitement due to the fact that the Bengals had all their receivers out today, but still gotta be excited about being able to put pressure on the quarterback.

9. DarkHornet

[​IMG]

Wonder what Carson Palmer thought of the Saints D tonight?

1 person likes this.
  10. PURPLE TIGER

It was a poor decision to field the punt but I believe he did it because he wasn't getting many opportunities to show his ability. With 10 punts you would think he would've had an opportunity but the Bengal punter was probably their MVP tonight.

I kept hoping he would get a shot in the open field but it seemed that the punts carried too long and the defenders were there when the ball finally came down.

Maybe he'll get another chance next week. Bush didn't appear to be hurt but the coaches may reconsider having him field any kicks.

I think he and Devery are "on the bubble".