New Orleans #1 in murders--Baton Rouge #7

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by Cajun Sensation, Jun 2, 2009.

1. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

1 person likes this.
  2. Krypto

Krypto Huh?

How is that a different issue? It is yet another murder in the city by a degenerate career criminal that lives in New Orleans.

3. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

I think gumborue was just being sarcastic.

4. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Raping a baby is a bit different than blazing guns on the street. Both are wrong, but one is really really really x10^10 wrong.

5. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

no not being sarcastic (for once)

one is symptomic of a larger societal problem, the other is symptomatic of a small percentage of the population that lives everywhere.

6. Krypto

Krypto Huh?

are we back to trying to define what Is means?

The topic is New Orleans leads the nation in murders. The link i posted is yet another murder in New Orleans. It does not matter how the murder was commited, it still counts on the total.

7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

there will always be higher crime and murder rates in places of poverty.

8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Much of the increase in murders in BR is New Orleans Katrina transplants killing other New Orleans Katrina transplants. Most are under 25 and don't know chit. They have a different attitude in NOLA. They'd rather go to prison for life than take an insult. And they brought their old neighborhood gang wars into their new neighborhoods.

You have to be aware, but most of the violence happens in in the violent neighborhoods and they can be avoided if you try to have some street smarts about you. Most of the violent people kill other violent people in their violent world. Mostly a criminal world.

Most of the rest of us have no business with these folks and don't get caught up in their insanity. Random murder is still very rare.

9. charlie_c0756

charlie_c0756 Founding Member

I left Louisiana for alot of reasons. Due to the crime, corrupt politicians and police......alot of self-respecting business and corporate executives would never locate their livelihoods in Louisiana. My CEO always referred to Louisiana as "Third-World". There are alot of areas in the US with the same problem, just seems like south Louisiana has more than most. If you work in a Technical field, jobs are few and far between. Our company has a plant in Ville Platte and it's still operating as far as I know. It's always "draw straws" to see who's lucky enough to do a week of audits or inventories there. For the "regular guy" without a college education and alot of experience, job opportunities are very limited due to the state of the state of La. If you know someone, you might be lucky enough to get a job in one of the plants in S. La. However, you'll probobly die when you're 50 due to shift work and exposure to God knows what.
    I really love Louisiana, and miss it terribly. But I can't live, work, and raise kids there. I grew up in the 70's near Baton Rouge and it was a great place to live. Wish it still was.

10. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I miss Louisiana, too, but I can't deny that I live in a much safer, cleaner city now with a top-rate public education system, one that feeds students to Harvard and Yale more than the state pen. New Orleans has always been a rough place, but I'm really sad to see what's happening to Baton Rouge. I remember it being a safe place to live with good public schools before, well, the federal courts came up with the ridiculous desegregation plan.

1 person likes this.