New Guy Here

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by JeauxSmeaux, Dec 14, 2016.

1. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Vail is my favorite place to ski if there is powder big enough resort to find powder all day. Leaned to ski at Alyeska right outsidde of Anchorage dont know how I survived those days more dagerous skiing there than my time in Nam.

2. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

I was fortunate in that I didn't suffer any serious injuries while skiing. Unfortunately, as I got older my lower back and knees could no longer support the stress. Before I quit, if I skied all day it would take 4 or 5 days to recover and be relatively pain free.

3. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Man sorry to hear that but at least you got to do it not many people get that thrill, best sport I have ever done I am addicted to skiing. I am blessed with good health and genetics still skiing strong at 70 years.

4. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

You know @tirk doesn't do punctuation (or capitalization.)

5. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

You are thinking of martin now @Jmg

6. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I'm still waiting for @tirk to admit he is martin.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  7. COTiger

I just read in the Denver Post that the first fatality of the season occurred at Breckinridge.

8. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Back in the "hot dog" era of skiing late 60's and 70's we were doing spread eagles, daffy's, twisters and cossacks and that was scary and dangerous but what the kids are doing now is insane. More deaths, paralysis and broken bones as a result. I keep my skis on the snow these days. I still ski with some of the greats from that era Wild Bill O'Leary, John Clendenin and sometimes Wayne Wong. They were all mogul and freestyle champions in those days. Skied a couple of runs with Suzi Chafee a friend of Wild Bill's. Those guys keep their skis on the snow these days too.

20160320_151922_resized.jpg
    Wild Bill O'leary and me in Aspen he's on the left

Last edited: Dec 21, 2016
  9. COTiger

I also tried to keep my skis on the snow. If I hit a small mogul and got 2 feet of air, that was enough for me. The fact that you are able to ski the black diamonds (are they still called that??) into your '70s is a testament to your ability & fitness. Well done.

10. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

They are still called black diamonds now there are double black and the double yellow are more knarly than that the runs between peak 8 and 9 at Breckenridge is a double yellow. I still ski moguls but only on sunny days and good snow conditions saving my knees for fishing and pool games. As I said in another post I am blessed with an abundance of athletic ability and great genetics my other 2 brothers were athletics too. Will enjoy it as long as I can.