New Contract for Oeaux

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Bengal B, Mar 18, 2019.

1. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

I was being a smartass. You, of all people, I thought would have known.

Sorry I judged you poorly.

2. didit

didit Veteran Member

As stated, he isn't going to get fired in less than 2 years unless something catastrophic happens, like he gets caught with an underage male prostitute... More than likely, it's to aid in recruiting, so other coaches can't use the hot seat angle against him... If he gets fired year 3, the payment will be down to something like 2-2.5 mil...

Brian likes this.
  3. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Last edited: Mar 19, 2019
    Brian, didit and Winston1 like this.
  4. lsu_dane

lsu_dane Founding Member

"we damn *near* finished with only 2 losses". This right here is what the administration is banking on. Dumbass fans who are satisfied with mediocrity and keep making them money.

5. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Not at all. It’s called facing reality sport. We exceeded expectation last year so there’s NO WAY a change is going to be made anytime soon. We have to live with it. To acknowledge that fact doesn’t mean we’re satisfied with mediocrity. All posts have agreed that expectations are higher. If/when O doesn’t live up to those expectations he should be gone. Quit whining and cherry picking

ParadiseiNC and didit like this.
  6. lsu_dane

lsu_dane Founding Member

I'm not saying O should be fired. I'm saying he needs to show more before we give him a raise, extend him, and put a buyout on him.

The fact people are defending him by saying the raise is justified because we "nearly" only lost 2 games is a joke. The AD willing to extend him after he's proven and done nothing shows they are satisfied with mediocrity because they just want the machine of LSU football to keep printing checks.

Miles got fired for doing the same thing as O and people are seriously sitting here and defending a raise to O. Put up a wall around Louisiana so other teams stop swiping our players and beat Bama, then we'll talk about raising and extensions, and they will be justified.

I was driving through Lafayette yesterday and saw a truck with a ton of Alabama stickers on it. That shit should not be happening in our backyard.

7. watson1880

watson1880 Founding Member

Gotta show the recruits he is the coach and will be the coach, give him the raise, Aranda and Raymond, too.

leroy7500, ParadiseiNC, didit and 2 others like this.
  8. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

He did pretty well last year. He’s still not getting a ton of $ relative to program income and other similar programs. If he doesn’t continue upward trajectory his time will come.

9. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Two things:

1/ Getting back on topic about overachieving- how many losses did you predict preseason last year?

2/ Any fan who would call last year mediocre is either spoiled or a dumbass.

Rouxleaux likes this.
  10. lsu_dane

lsu_dane Founding Member

I don't make predictions. Only one thing matters. Winning the SEC and a National Title. Short of winning the SEC is a failure. I'm not some 60 year old fan who is satisfied with a winning record. New years day bowls are the same as all other non playoff bowls, consulation prizes and a participation ribbon. I went to college at LSU in the early 2000s. I expect excellence and pay for it.

lsu-i-like likes this.