New champions - Vick Thread - Merged many times

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by saltyone, Jan 3, 2006.

1. TennesseeTiger

TennesseeTiger Founding Member

Re: New champions

What does he do during a game if he isn't watching the ball?

1 person likes this.
  2. TxLonghorn

TxLonghorn Founding Member

yeap, very thuggish.

3. Deceks7

Deceks7 Founding Member

Beamer knew what was going on; his team has a history of playing like that. In the Sugar Bowl last year they were gouging eyes, punching guys in the throat, and whatever else they could get away with. The officials were too cowardly to do anything about it. I had never seen a total team with so little sportsmanship.

4. NJtiger

NJtiger Founding Member

Frankly I find the whole VaTech atmosphere extremely hostile and classless. They aren't a good-natured group, both fan base and players. The whole idea is win at all costs, and don't bother with pretending that they're being hospitable. The treatment of our fans and team when we played there, and the refusal to bother to return the favor by playing here the next year, are indicative of their point of view. I hate to generalize, because we get labeled with so many unfair generalizations, but I think VaTech's location has more of the "Deliverance" type of people than any other area of the South. It just doesn't make for a pleasant situation, and Vick is a product of that way of thinking.

5. JP4LSU

JP4LSU Founding Member

I call BS on the VTech Coaching staff and the Athletic Director.

Coaching staff: They said they considered pulling him from the game. That sounds good to the public but it still allowed them to win the game. Their thought was just win the game and we can say we almost benched Vick. No way would they have pulled Vick from the game. Freaking Cowards.

Athletic Director: He never said there would be discipline handed out but that they would only assess the situation. If Vick returns to Vtech then maybe the media will forget about this in 6 months and we can start Vick at the season opener.

Basically if anything is to be done for punishment it will have to come from the NCAA or the Law. Vtech will sit on their hands unless the NCAA forces them to do something and if I was the DL I would press charges and sue his ass for potentially ruining his career.

1 person likes this.
  6. CParso

CParso Founding Member

What about earlier in the season, there was a player that took out a guy's leg. I think the video was posted here sometime. I can't remember who it was or what teams were playing.

7. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Yeah, I remember that. That one was bad too. I can't remember the teams involved but it left me with the same feeling.

8. TigerMed

TigerMed Founding Member

It was Oct. 8. A Virginia O-lineman chopped Mathias Kiwanuka of Boston College and later recieved a one game suspension. I'm searching for a link.

9. TigerMed

TigerMed Founding Member

10. TigerPrideLSU

TigerPrideLSU Founding Member

That was messed up. Marcus Vick is the biggest prick in college football. He went and celebrated his victory in the Gator Bowl by giving 15 year old girls some Smirnoffs.

1 person likes this.