New article

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by six pack dan, Nov 5, 2017.

1. six pack dan

six pack dan 16 team playoff advocate

There becomes a problem when the media loves a coach more than the program they cover.
    It happened at LSU. Les Miles was a great guy, even I will agree. I liked him as a person, but as a football coach there comes a time when it's over. It was time at LSU, he was relegated to 3rd in the west for 3 straight years started 2-2 with an inability to change his offense.

The LSU media didn't care about LSU, they wanted him. They loved his quips, going for 4th downs he shouldn't have been in. Eating grass. All of it. Weird play calls that talent bailed him out on.

Now we get to the change. The media wanted a search, they wanted a HUGE name. Who was available last year? Who wasn't leveraging LSU for cash? Was there a proven guy? Well the guy at LSU had us in every game, kept the players focused, kept the recruiting class intact, developed a gameplan for everybody. Even played Bama to the wire. Nothing from LSU media positive to say about Ed O. Only that Ole Miss record 10 years ago was all they needed to see. WOW.

This year we have more injured starters than I care to remember, Ed suspended over 7 players for Miss State, even a few starters. Nothing from LSU media on it. If it was Miles, excuses flow. Case of loving a coach more than your team. We should not have been blown out or even lost I agree, but this should have been reported on. Shoddy work and buried to make Ed O look worse.

No excuse for Troy, but the aftermath for the LSU media was horrid. Some members who I will not name but they know who they are took to twitter with lies(tweets are now deleted) #1 saying "players were openly disrespecting Ed O in practice" which is a straight up lie. #2 "Coaches almost came to blows and didn't speak for over a week" which is another lie. #3 "I will do everything in my power to get Ed O fired as a member of LSU media" which is not and never will be a function of the media. This is all ok for fans to say but when the media says these things it is divisive to the fan base and should never be done. The LSU media should never interfere with a coach at LSU and his job, especially in his first season. One member of the media even lied further saying Aranda tried to punch Canada out, and that an LSU WR wouldn't play against Florida because he hated Canada(he did play and did well) #LIAR

As LSU fans we deserve the same respect from our media as other fan bases get in this conference. We don't get it.

The LSU coaches deserve respect too, and they also don't get it. Listen to the questions asked at an Ed O presser compared to softballs lobbed to Miles. It is "miles" apart.

I would fire most of the LSU media and get guys in who love LSU and WANT LSU to win because they love LSU not the COACH...

Bayou Tiger and Bengal B like this.
  2. six pack dan

Is this one better?

3. dachsie

dachsie Veteran Member

I think its time for everyone to move on.

4. six pack dan

This is not about Miles, this is about the media. The press covering the team, do you not notice it? Look at articles from Glenn Gilbeau, listen to T Bob Herbert, Ross Dellinger, and others I could name like Klienpeter from NO paper

5. dachsie

dachsie Veteran Member

No I saw that. But I stand by my statement.

6. six pack dan

Horrible, LSU fans AND coaches DESERVE to be treated with respect like other schools media give fans around this conference and elsewhere in the country. LSU media members get away with it because fans like you don't hold them accountable and don't give a damn how they report stories. They lie straight up.

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Hebert. I haven't listened to him lately but his daddy and Oeaux were teammates and friends on the 1977 South LaFouche HS state championship team. I think they are cousins.

8. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

At least it looked like they actually had a game plan on offense. Better quarterback and who knows.

six pack dan likes this.
  9. dachsie

dachsie Veteran Member

Don't characterize me. You have no idea how I feel on it. Just because I don't jump through hoops because you post something, doesn't mean I don't have an opinion on something. Do you want to be lumped in with the likes of TT and Rex and Caca as being someone who attacks when your belief is challenged or ignored? Be respectful and others will be respectful to you.

I said its time to move on because this is just another opportunity for TT to come in and spout his nonsense. Time to give it all a rest. That is MY opinion to which I am entitled just as you are.

Pjoe and shane0911 like this.
  10. six pack dan

Whoa, I wasn't attacking you. I was saying it was horrible for you to ignore the attacks our media is doing to the team WE BOTH love, which I have no doubt YOU DO. I was not lumping you in with the scumbag known as TT, would never do that. If you want to move on it is your right, but if I want to attack the media covering the team it is mine. They ARE doing what I say they are, I have proof.