New Arizona Immigration Enforcement Laws

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by OkieTigerTK, Apr 23, 2010.

1. sunnyjim

sunnyjim Founding Member

That wasn't at question. The point is that Mexicans don't always integrate as you said. They congregate and segregate themselves.

2. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

No. I'm a nationalist. I believe that America's great strength is the diversity OF AMERICANS, not the Diversity in America. I want citizens who are invested in the ideals of the country, not shadow residents who are not accountable and don't assimilate. I'm willing to pay more and do with less in order to retain some level of nationalism because it is, at the end of the day, what makes America America.

I'm sure you've traveled, martin. So I'm sure you know that there is no other country on the planet with the breadth of race, religion, ethnicity that has nearly as much unity of purpose behind such a strident ideal.

So, no. I can't be bought on this issue.

And you know this how? I've spent a large part of my adult life in the West, where your statement bears no resemblence to reality. You're describing the way things USED to be when immigrants crossed the border legally. Today, the vast majority of illegals do NOT integrate or assimilate, they get by. V.D. Hanson wrote a phenomenal book called Mexifornia that very clearly lays this out, and not in a racist polemic, but in a very thoughtful way using his personal experience running a California agriculture business and growing up with Mexican-American friends.

You're not alone, but I would wager, given the choice, most folks would easily be able to afford the oranges when they understood that their tax burden (schools, medical, legal fees) would be cut significantly and tax revenues (income tax) would increase.

Disappointing. Red's absence from the forum is not having a good effect on you...amigo.... I want immigration to America to be controlled and legal and those that come here to be working towards legal residency or citizenship. That makes me a Mexican hater? :dis:

I'm hoping you're being intentionally obtuse because you just want to joust. Because the fake-racism crap is the single most annoying (and by the way pathetic) tool in the Liberal tool kit. (I know, you're not a Liberal, but you sure sounded like one in that little passage).

3. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I think the Feds should secure the border and enforce existing Federal law so states like Arizona don't have to try and do it themselves.

4. martin

martin Banned Forever

thats great, i think the federal government should do lots of things. the question was whether you agree with the judge on fox news about the way things work.

5. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

The real point here is that there are immigration laws prohibiting an open border. Don't like it? Change it. Arizona is trying for one of two things: an ability to enforce the law and force the govt to do it's job, or losing the lawsuit, but raising the issue and forcing the govt to do it's job. If the govt would pursue enforcing the border laws with 1/2 the gusto that it seeks to control it's own citizens, there would be no issue.

We would have legal immigration, legal cheap labor, less violence, a better tax base and a growing social acceptance, instead of just the opposite.

6. martin

martin Banned Forever

the reason i sound like a liberal accusing folks of being racist is that i dont think there is any reason to dislike the immigrants. i think they help us and are a force for good, economically.

also i should note that when i accuse a person of being racist, i am really accusing them of being irrational, not immoral. it is fine with me if you want to be racist, i am racist too. but it isnt always smart to be racist. like a baseabll team that refuses to sign jackie robinson, you can be racist and you are only hurting yourself.

7. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

There you go again using the wrong tags.

We dislike ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS!!!!

There is a difference.

8. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

There is a legal difference, and that is stupid. I think that is the point martin has been making rater well. The benefits illegal aliens present to us already outweigh the costs. Stop complaining. Enjoy cheap lettuce.

9. Chase4LSU

Chase4LSU Waiting on Mettenberger

And cheap T-shirts

10. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

Stop complaining and change the law. Suggesting that laws are arbitrary is complete lunacy. Have a law and enforce it or take it off the books.