New Arizona Immigration Enforcement Laws

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by OkieTigerTK, Apr 23, 2010.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

It ain't going to break me.

2. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

I agree with you.
    I am so tired of our country getting short changed by other countries its about time we do something about it.
    Lets all go to Mexico without a passport and see what happens when we are caught.
    Not true I have the solution to fix a lot of our issues with Mexico and Illegal Immigration.
    First of all we should do away with the war on drugs and we should make pot legal.

Second, this country needs to quit wasting money and stop sending it overseas except for Mexico.
    We should help out our neighbor to the south and build a Las Vegas in Mexico, if we could swing a deal with them.
    We have to find a way to invest into Mexico so the economy is better and these people will not be so desperate to enter illegally.

Btw I like this new Arizona Law and I don't consider the enforcement of this law racist.
    I don't consider profiling these people or middle east people being racist btw.
    The Authorities are looking for illegal immigrants so if you look Hispanic and are legal you have nothing to worry about.
    It isn't any different than myself being pulled over for speeding and having to show a drivers license.

Its unbelievable to me that if you profile a certain type of people that it is about racism and their rights even if they are illegal.
    Meanwhile Americans are killed by illegals all the time whether it is a rancher in Arizona, an Illegal dragging his girlfriends body down the street tied to his bumper here in Denver.
    Then you have the case of an illegal running a light and slamming his truck into a Baskin Robbins killing a mother and child in Aurora.
    I'd like to find out just how safe some Americans must feel in their state in our own country, border towns and states near Mexico!

Whatever happened to the American citizens rights and that also includes the jobs, hospital services that Illegals take while the unemployment rate is at 10 percent, etc.

3. Sourdoughman

The employers would have nothing to do with it if the Fed enforced their own laws.
    I'm not taking up for employers either just pointing out how ass backwards everything is in this country now days!
    How about us doing both things?

4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

It's not the law that really bothers me, its the people enforcing, especially in Maricopa County. What is going to happen when American Citizens are locked up under suspicion of being illegal, when they really aren't, because they couldn't provide their papers. I have no problem asking for documentation when someone is pulled over, acting suspicious, etc. But i don't know about just random checks and stops like a DWI checkpoint for illegals.

Martin was dead on though, end prohibition, attack the businesses hiring illegals, watch the number of illegals drop over a period of time.

5. Sourdoughman

Like our politicians I haven't read the law!:lol:
    I have no problems with any of this after given my examples of just how bad some illegals are in this country.
    I think Mexico must empty their jails and send some of these guys right over.
    You have no one to blame but the politicians you have voted for and sent to DC.
    The Federal system is broke in more than one way and its time the states exercised some of their power instead worrying about the Fed punishing them through funds.

Btw no one should leave home without ID in society today.
    I laugh when people say this is racist though, we are racist just because we are sending illegals back to their country and we are keeping the other half as citizens.
    Under the circumstances I am for EVERYTHING possible to help fix the problem.
    This would help but I don't think this will work alone.

6. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

Pass a law that requires illegals to be paid 2X minnimum wage and watch how fast the "problem" is resolved.

7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

In a world full of electronic banking, internet fraud, direct deposits, identity theft, terrorism, illegal alien invasions, . . . proper and secure ID is essential. It's the 21st century. Our friggin' dogs have to carry a government ID, for heaven's sake.

Passport Cards for all American citizens within 10 years, I predict.

8. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

It's not the people coming over the border that are bad, its the little bastards that are born here in this country. The ones that are jumped into gangs at the age of 7 or 8.

9. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

Sad day in Arizona, sad day. its racial profiling, plain and simple, there are other ways to enforce the laws and this aint it my friends. I look hispanic and middle eastern according to my sister and other people at the freaking airport, that means they will just stop people under suspicion, no matter what the law specifies. Furthermore, if it does lead to other evidence for other crimes, most of it will get thrown out because you cant obtain it on those merits.

Suspicion is subjective and the constitution protects against illegal search and seizure. Lets call this what it is and then debate whether illegals put a strain on the country and etc, etc.....

10. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

Like LaSalle said he is glad he has blue eyes and blond hair, because unless you fit the profile, you dont have anything to really worry about and thats the problem, its a good thing unless it effects your personally. If Im stop on suspicion of not being legal, its because of my skin color and car. For example, if I was in Arizona, I drive a 2000 Honda Civic, (point being illegals and poor people tend to drive older cars) to work everyday and leave the new car at home because of gas and other things, so if they stopped me and asked me for my papers I would be pissed, because thats fascist and its that simple. the GOP is schizophrenic and some Democrats are as well, because if this is Freedom then I must be lost in my definitions of ideology. No govt' intrusion unless it benefits you? I guess I should compare this to the defense spending argument and the patriot act.
    Either Gov't intervention is good or it is not.
    Someone help me wade through the justification for this law as it is written, because its pretty ridiculous to me and I need help with it.
    And Im not saying we dont have a problem with illegals, but this isnt the way to solve it, this is Jim Crowesque and it bothers me.