New Arizona Immigration Enforcement Laws

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by OkieTigerTK, Apr 23, 2010.

1. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

White women are scared of all the sexy Latinas will displace them in the marrying rich guys department.

1 person likes this.
  2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

:hihi:

we could enforce our right to prima nocta, as soon as they hit the border?

1 person likes this.
  3. Chase4LSU

Chase4LSU Waiting on Mettenberger

hope u don't catch anything besides a siesta afterwards

1 person likes this.
  4. burlesontiger

burlesontiger Founding Member

Name calling is for babies. There are more like this than you think. This may be a relatively new issue in Indiana, but here in Texas, where you have "established" illegals who have been here for years this situation is much more prevalent.

I stated in my post that the problem needs to be attacked from BOTH ends. The employers are as guilty as the the employees (not more so, just equally).

No where did I state I was necessarily in favor of the new law. I am a staunch supporter of individual rights. But the "market" doesn't control everything. A country has the right and REQUIREMENT of defending its borders and citizens from being usurped by foreign powers, in whatever form that may manifest itself, economics be damned. Again, the problem should be approached from BOTH ends.

Bull. Why don't we just give up and let anyone come in and take over? Don't give me any BS about market economics. Making the illegals "legal" isn't going to do one thing about raising wage standards for those jobs. I suppose it would be better if the overall standard of living in the country were to be reduced, huh?

Nowhere did I mention anything about political parties other than to state that each one stands to gain or lose depending on which side of the issue is tackled.

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Amnesty for all and just throw open our doors?

There is already a system for legal immigration from Mexico. There is already a guest worker program for agricultural workers. The illegal aliens ignore this and ignore our laws and you just want to wave them though? I think you are very naive, sir.

Get real. Are seriously comparing our illegal alien problem with Mexico with our illegal alien problem with Canada? Illegal aliens in the United States are 57% from Mexico and 23% from other latin American Countries. That's 80% of the problem from south of the border versus 5% from Canada plus all of Europe! Obviously, we spend the money where the problem is.

Why would terrorists be more likely to come through Canada than Mexico? I don't think you can support that. Canadian law enforcement is strict while Mexico's is porous. The easy way into the US is across the Mexican border. That's why the drugs don't come in through Canada, either.

You aren't paying attention. I questioned nobody's patriotism. What I challenged was the moral priorities of Americans who put the welfare of Mexico and Mexican Nationals ahead of America and American citizens.

1 person likes this.
  6. red55

Both parties are greatly conflicted. The Republicans are split between their ultra-nationalism wanting keep out foreigners and their business-profit-above-all policies of allowing companies to exploit the cheap foreign labor despite its illegality.

The democrats are split between their equality-and-fair-play policies versus their blue-collar, minority, and union constituencies who are being badly impacted by the cheap foreign labor.

And worse, there aren't real factions within the parties as much as most of them just have mixed feelings. Neither party is monolithic on this issue. There couldn't be a better opportunity to try to find some common ground to enact some bi-partisan policies that get something accomplished. The democrats would be smart to move this up the priority list and leave the energy bill for next year.

7. martin

martin Banned Forever

i dont know if i like the use of the word exploit here. we need cheap labor, and they need jobs. i dont see the problem. displaced american workers? dont care. the latins need jobs worse than they do. lost tax revenue? ok i can buy that, but it can be fixed by making the workers legal.

8. red55

Call it mutual exploitation, then.

You are part of the problem. Why do you hate America?

There is a process for doing that. Why do they all ignore it? They are exploiting a system that is full of holes.

9. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

they should come down hard on employers and people will have to get used to paying more for their produce.

10. martin

martin Banned Forever

i call it mutual benefit.

i love america. america is about opportunity. but not just opportunity for some. i welcome our friends and wish them the best. i dont feel like am american deserves a job and an immigrant doesn't.

honestly i feel like it is unfair that we get to live here and others do not. i want everyone to have the freedom and opportunity we have had.

government doesnt work. they should simplify the process and make it easy to become a citizen. for almost everyone who wants it.