New Arizona Immigration Enforcement Laws

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by OkieTigerTK, Apr 23, 2010.

1. burlesontiger

burlesontiger Founding Member

Would you be so thankful if you found out that the social security number they used with their employer that is paying taxes is yours? An employer can't pay taxes on an employee without a SS number. Illegals can't get a legitimate SS number. Identity theft is a crime, too.

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Whats even more scary about this bill, is Maracopa County is in Arizona, and Joe Arpaio is the sheriff there. Before long they will be kicking in doors looking for mexicans.

3. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

this.

Yes, the employers are also at fault, and I say go after them as well. But the problem needs to be attacked from both sides and unfortunately, each party has a vested interest in a particular side of it.[/quote]

and this. virtually no problem is solved by attacking only one part of it. all aspects have to be addressed. very very few problems have only side.

4. Indiana Tiger

Indiana Tiger Founding Member

1. I'm sure that there are some well off illegals, but if you think this is a significant number relative to the total, you are delusional.

2. My position is to go after the employers because that is where the money is. I consider these people traitors. Seize a significant chunk of both their personal and business assets for each offense. This has the advantage of effecting all illegals and to the extent it remains a problem it also finances enforcement.

3. I believe going after the illegals is a highly inefficient use of resources because that ain't where the money is. As long as there is money, they will come. Don't you people believe in market principles? Yes, deal with those that you uncover in 2 and in normal law enforcement operations, but if you concentrate efforts on illegals you will either piss a lot of money away or trample on US citizens' rights or both.

4. Refusing to do 2 doesn't make 3 any more attractive. We would be better off easing immigration policy and make most legal.

5. All my comments have been about policy, not party.

5. LaSalleAve

Bingo, its kind of like only going after low level crack dealers to deal with that problem, instead of doing something about stopping the trafficking of cocaine into the country. If Illegals can't get jobs because they are illegal, they will stop coming.

I say we build a moat. With some really thick tar like substance in it. Moats are cool, and need to be brought back.

6. OkieTigerTK

[quote = from first article] Mexico has warned the proposal could affect cross-border relations. On Thursday, Mexico's Senate unanimously passed a resolution urging Brewer to veto the law.[/quote]

that is something that irritates me. i often readstatements like that, or mexico's president making statements about immigration laws. f' em. they need to worry about what is going on in and how to fix the problems in mexico such as poverty and drug violence that has their citizens scrambling over each other to get here. get your own sh*t together before you complain about our laws.

7. martin

martin Banned Forever

well, to be fair, the drug violence is mostly our fault, and is basically impossible to fix.

8. OkieTigerTK

the poverty and low education have been around forever tho. and that is not our fault. point is, mexico has a lot of problems and it drives their citizens here. before complaining about us, they need to get their own sh*t together. they wouldnt have to worry about our immigration laws if their own citizens had reasons to stay home.

2 people like this.
  9. LaSalleAve

Too true. Our prohibition of drugs created the cartel monster. If mexico is buying up all columbia's cocaine, it's not for consumption, it's to get rich off by selling it to americans.

10. martin

martin Banned Forever

maybe if we let lots of them in, it will pressure them to change or lose their people.

and really i dont think it can be overstated how much the war on drugs is destroying latin america. it is hard for them to straighten things out when they have the constant violence and corruption caused by our drug market.

and honestly i am still not clear on why we cant just let everyone in.