New AMC series The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by LSUsupaFan, Nov 1, 2010.

1. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

had a sick baby on tues and watched all 6 episodes at once on dvr (thanks amc) and really enjoyed this show. looking fwd to next season. darabont did a great job i thought.

never read the comic though so i don't have a frame of reference if the books are better.

2. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

Season 2 premiers in a 2 weeks. Looks good from the trailers. There is also a series of six webisodes online that tell the backstory of the crawling zombie Rick encountered in the first episode.

3. hebertjp

hebertjp Founding Member

looking forward to it, too. I'll have to look up those trailers and webisodes. I spent the 'offseason' reading the comics and am curious if the tv show will explore some of those plot lines.

4. Jester

Jester Founding Member

Anyone know when the new season starts. My fiance and I were both really pissed when the 1st season ended and we heard that the new one wouldn't start till the fall.

There are only 3 shows that I both love, and absolutely hate........Dexter, The Walking Dead, and The Killing ( another AMC show that rocks )

I love them because they are great shows with great acting and good stories.
    I hate them because every time a show ends ( especially finales ), its such a damn cliffhanger that I'm furious till the next episode starts

5. LSUsupaFan

It starts next Sunday.

6. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

Season 1 marathon starting at 1:30 on Sunday for those who need catching up, like myself. I missed it the first time around but the previews during Breaking Bad have me curious.

7. *LSUTiger*

*LSUTiger* LSU/CLEMSON

I freaking love this show! Tonights episode was great.. Love zombies!! A+

8. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

I just finished watching season 1 via Netflix stream (LOVED IT!!!) and have the season 2 opener DVR'd. Can't wait to watch it tonight. Please, no spoilers without warnings.

9. LSUsupaFan

I'm really excited about where this series could go. I find myself pacing as I watch this show because there is danger around every turn. I am very invested in the survivor group. I feel like I know Rick, Carl, Dale, Glenn and Lori already, as I have been reading the comic since issue 1.

I really like the way they have borrowed plot lines from the comics and introduced new ones as well. I really love this series. I am so glad a zombie franchise with great production value is cathcing on.

10. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

How many comics on the show are there? I'm just wondering how far they can take the story of this one group of survivors. Although I hope it goes longer, I don't see it lasting past season 3, maybe 4. Hope I am wrong though.