NBA Playoffs

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by TigerBait3, Apr 20, 2008.

1. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

Trust me on this one please, I am not stating an opinion here about what the NBA prefers this season.

If you look at the trades for Garnett and Gasol, what did the other teams get and look who were involved in those trades. Jerry West former Laker GM.
    Garnett trade, McHale and Ainge former Celtic players. The league also pushed these trades. The other teams got crap in return and what Memphis got, I wouldnt even call crap its below that.

2. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

My point wasn't that they don't want the Lakers-Celtics, because it is common sense they do.

However, the action on the court is not following what the front office wants, which was my point.

3. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

my bad TB3, I read it wrong, Im sleepy like you are. :hihi:

4. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

ah, sleepy. yes, i am in that state a lot... :lol:

5. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

Speaking of the bs calls during this postseason the NBA has announced they are going to fine players that flop next season.

6. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Going to be interesting to see those rules because it is going to be hard to enforce. Also you have some that are fouls that are missed and the acting is to get the attention of the refs. I doubt it will be called much at all.

7. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

All I caught was the end about them getting fined. I would assume the play will not change but will be under video review by the league, which will result in the fine and hopefully end the flops.

8. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

(disclaimer for homer post)

2007-2008 Western Conference Champions
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

MVP
    [​IMG]

Ok Im done. Time to move on.

9. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

I'm surprised there is no thread for the NBA finals. Anyway, I just saw the split screen commercial of Magic and Bird. Thought it was cool. Great memories from my youth of this rivalry.

10. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

ive made a serious effort to give the nba another chance this postseason, because of the hornets and a wide open league, but its killin me. i couldnt make it through the game. didnt fall asleep, just found karate kid II to be more exciting---mr miyagi and that damn drum technique, good stuff.