NBA Hall of Famers torch Simmons

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CagedTiger, Apr 25, 2022.

1. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

If you didn't get to see NBA on TNT last night with Shaq and Barkley, you missed the fireworks. The discussion started with a quote from Reggie Miller calling out Simmons for not playing in Game 4 and then Shaq and Barkley absolutely went off on Simmons and basically called him a worthless piece of crap. You can just see it in Shaq's facial expressions that he just doesn't like Simmons one bit. Shaq's old school and unless you're in a body cast, you play in the playoffs. Apparently, Stephen A. Smith from ESPN, who I can't stand, also had a few choice words stating, "Ben Simmons might be the weakest, most pathetic excuse of an athlete" ever in any sport. It's worth noting that Simmons has yet to play in one NBA game all season. Here's the link of the Shaq-Barkley discussion.

https://netswire.usatoday.com/2022/04/25/shaquille-oneal-calls-out-ben-simmons-over-punk-move/

2. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

I saw it. When He Who Shall Not Be Named was at LSU, I told people around here that he would be a bust. Said people said, no, he's a great player, he's just biding his time until he gets paid. Wrong. Great players, even if they don't always play great, always try to play great. He Who Shall Not Be Named has great skills, but he is not a great player. No heart, no burning desire to win. He is the most embarrassing athlete to ever wear the purple-and-gold, and I say that knowing Cecil Collins and Albert Belle were here.

And I also noticed, Stephen A. said he quit on LSU, and clarified that he wasn't talking about his leaving early.

65Grad, APPTiger and Hou-duco like this.
  3. mctiger

And the fact that he still gets so much of the talking head conversation tells me that, in spite of their criticism, they still think HWSNBN is a great player. He reminds me of the college football player who is mediocre Saturday after Saturday, but then shows up at the Combine and rattles off a 4.3 forty or outjumps everyone on vertical, and all of a sudden some idiot team picks him in the first round. Then they get him on the field and see that what he did in games was the reality. This guy's lack of heart, lack of mental toughness has always shown itself, because it is who he is.

4. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I hated that he came here. That team had a chemistry built. They weren't going to win a championship or anything but they could play. He destroyed it.

Bum

mctiger likes this.
  5. BornOnTheBayou

BornOnTheBayou 2022 Masters Pick 'Em Champion

He deserves the 10 time the heat he's getting. He and those like him are the prime reason I no longer watch the NBA.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2022
    shane0911 likes this.
  6. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

It's just amazing how a player can go first in the draft, be on top of the world, and then absolutely throw it all away. Simmons is absolutely the biggest joke in all of sports and I can't find one quote from a player/coach that has anything positive to say about him. Sadly, LSU now holds the distinction of having two of the biggest flops in all of sports history in Simmons and Russell.

HalloweenRun likes this.
  7. mctiger

At least, unlike the other guy, Russell gave us his best while he was here.

8. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

That's a great point. Russell did ball out while at LSU, so I do have to give him credit for that. As for his NFL career, not so much! The good news is he got a boat load of money, but how much remains might be a different story.

9. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

He "drank" it all up

mctiger and HalloweenRun like this.
  10. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

Forgot about that incident! Purple draaaank is what I think it was called!