NBA 2021-22

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by mctiger, Oct 24, 2021.

1. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

the news about zion is nothing if not confusing and contradictory

2. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Yep. On Monday, the team said he won't play; on Tuesday he posts a vid of himself going slam dunk contest. If they were to let him play, I would hope they wouldn't throw him into the starting lineup, even with limited minutes. The Pels went 1-5 while figuring out the team chemistry when CJ was brought in. They don't have time or the luxury of a big cushion on their playoff positioning to afford another 6-game chemistry experiment.

3. mctiger

Huge win over the Lakers tonight puts the Pels a half game up for the 9 spot. Eight is still not out of reach; they trail the Clippers by 4 with 7 to play. BI is back (26 tonight) and Trey Murphy had his season high with 21 off the bench. At Portland Tuesday, the Clippers are at Chicago, opportunity to pick up a game.

4. mctiger

Lakers at full strength last night, and still can't beat the Pelicans in LA!

shane0911 likes this.
  5. mctiger

First play-in win in the books for the Pels!

kcal likes this.
  6. mctiger

And the Pels hang on in LA! On to the first round!
    No way you can give the Coach of the Year award to a team with a losing record, but damn, Willie Green deserves it.

7. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

pels are super fun. surely zion can come back now! it would light the whole city ablaze!

mctiger likes this.
  8. mctiger

Would be awesome, I just don't see it happening. But can we talk about how crazy that was last night? BI and CJ doing what they do, but how about Larry Nance off the bench? How about the rookies? Still think the Suns win the series, but I was thinking 5 games before it started. I can see it going to 7 now with Booker being a question mark. Add Zion and a lottery pick (hopefully a 3-point sniper) to this roster, and I think the Pels are a finals contender in two years.

9. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Haven't really been following the NBA, but if Anthony Day-to-Davis played, then that makes the win that much sweeter.

10. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

with booker out you have to sieze this amazing opportunity. get zion in there!

this is not the same team that started awful. this is a new very good team with a star in mcollum and a new coach and rookies that are on fire. they just beat the suns without booker. now work zion in the rotation and finish them while they are down! now is the time to go all in and make a run!