Navigating the LSU waters

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by roynav, Oct 1, 2017.

1. Pjoe

Pjoe Formally Known as $TigerFan$

Not blaming him, I actually like him but it says a lot about O as a decision maker.

2. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

They are playing like Peveto is coaching them.

TigerTap, cul2969 and Pjoe like this.
  3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Actually special teams are a bit better without a STC. Peveto was that bad. At least the kickoffs are mostly going deep into the end zone.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  4. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

You can't? Isn't he coaching them? Isn't he the one that could not get along with Valentine and got him run off? Did he run off any of the other guys or get them suspended?

lsu-i-like likes this.
  5. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

But pretty much everything else is bad. Hey, maybe Orgeron should use him expertise and coach special teams, himself.

6. Guido Merkins

Guido Merkins Founding Member

I don't know if anybody just heard Matt Moscona's rant, but I feel like him right now with all the people making excuses for Orgeron.

WE LOST TO TROY!!!!

What is wrong with you people?? Some of the same ones apologizing for Orgeron right now wanted to hang Les in effigy for having an 8-5 season. I think Les had run his course, personally, but Ed Orgeron was the wrong hire. It just was. We should be able to roll out our freshman team and beat Troy. If the Saints were allowed to schedule Vanderbilt and would lose to them, that's the equivalent of what Saturday night was. An average NFL team should be able to crush Vanderbilt, with very little problem.

LSU should have been able to dominate Troy. Troy is a good team for the Sunbelt, but they shouldn't be able to walk into Tiger Stadium, dominate LSU and leave. Just shouldn't happen and those that thought Ed was a great hire because he had a great gumbo recipe, are part of the problem. Joe figured he could get away with it, at least at first, because Orgeron is "one of us." Like we need an LSU fan to be our coach.

Orgeron needs to be held accountable for the crap show on the field and Joe Alleva needs to be held accountable for hiring a guy that had absolutely no record of success and in fact has a record of abject failure as the head coach of LSU.

dachsie, LSU_4_LIFE and lsu-i-like like this.
  7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I heard him. He didn't have a radio show in 2000 but I wonder if he would have made the same rant when Saban lost to UAB.

8. Guido Merkins

Guido Merkins Founding Member

I don't know if that's a valid point. That LSU team had just gone through losing seasons and Saban was just starting the rebuild. This LSU has a top 10 recruiting class every year. Should be able to beat Troy with no problem.

And in any event, if he had that rant back in 2000, he would have eventually been proven wrong. I have no confidence that Ed Orgeron is the man to make Matt Moscona eat his words. There is no evidence that he is. Nothing in his coaching background shows that he should be the coach at this school. Nichols, OK, but not LSU. Not the SEC. I would even go as far to say, not a Power 5 school. Sorry. He was a disaster as a head coach and I see very little difference

dachsie and LSU_4_LIFE like this.
  9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

But he's one of us. He sucks da heads.

10. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

No, we'd come from a decade of losing to UAB.