Navigating the LSU waters

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by roynav, Oct 1, 2017.

1. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

All of this can be pinned on the current coaches. They are ones in charge. See, this is problem with saying, "Oh, it doesn't matter if Orgerson can really game plan. He will give his coordinators freedom to do all of the coaching."

Horse shit. The head coach damn well better be involved in his team, or he will be gone with a quickness. Orgeron has just been standing on the sidelines looking far more clueless than Miles ever did.

TigerTap and LSU_4_LIFE like this.
  2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

It's a shitty head coach. Any coach worth his salt can field a cohesive unit even if they get the shit kicked out of them.

A proven HC could have this tesm playing together and at least headed in the right direction.

We've hired a program killer at HC with the the president and AD leading the charge. The triumvirate of destruction won't be leaving anytime soon.

TigerTap, LSU_4_LIFE and lsu-i-like like this.
  3. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Kali is running our program. Death and destruction to follow.

4. roynav

roynav free your mind

If it's O's fault can you be specific about what exactly he is doing wrong? Other than you not liking his appearance on the sidelines? How has he not been involved? What should he be doing? There is a reason new coaches get 2-3 years to get their house in order.

I'm all for accountability, but so far the only thing people are mentioning that might be O's fault is the lack of fire. Guice isn't his fault. Key isn't. The terrible defensive line play with all it's attrition isn't. The WRs aren't. I see a crap load of issues with this team, but not so much one's that are O's fault.

Important to be fair. Unfair, non-constructive criticism undermines the whole program and will KILL recruiting.

5. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Troy.

TigerTap and LSU_4_LIFE like this.
  6. StaceyO

Okay, number one, he is a proven failure at his one head coaching spot. Since that failure, he has bounced from one program to another, only finding success as an interim coach at schools loaded with NFL talent.

How has he not been involved? He said he was going to let his coordinators run the show. He's the head coach, and he should be in charge, but he says that he is not. That is a bad formula, is it not? One more piece of evidence: when asked (after the MSU game) why Guice wasn't in the game in the second half, our dumbass head coach didn't know he hadn't played. What?

Key isn't his fault? Why not? He has been Key's position coach since Key go here. He allowed him to take off the entire spring and summer, then allows him to come back in when he clearly is struggling with something, not to mention that he's clearly out of shape, as well.

He has been the defensive line coach since '15. Anything wrong with that line is, in fact, squarely on his shoulders.

I'll give you the WRs, but all of a sudden, LSU can't even run the ball anymore, either. And we thought the offenses under Miles were bad...

I don't have any need to be "fair" to Orgeron. Over on Tiger Droppings, there were two or three threads last night saying that bastard was lobbying Alleva before the '16 season to fire Miles and hire his sorry ass.

Well, we got what we asked for, didn't we?

TigerTap, dachsie and LSU_4_LIFE like this.
  7. roynav

roynav free your mind

The posters here are more serious, long term LSU fans, not the type who go to games to have fun with friends and leave early. If you are going to jump all over a first year coach who has obviously inherited a ton of problems, so be it. I'm ready to be convinced O is a poor coach, but so far people seem to be only venting, not providing specific examples of what O is doing wrong, or that another coach would do better. To me, that's not fair, or helpful and will only hurt the program.

If Miss St and Troy are O's fault, then he should probably be gone ASAP. If they are the fault of the weak hand he's been dealt through no fault of his own, then he's being scapegoated.

8. StaceyO

He, too, was part of the "hand he's been dealt" since he has been on staff since 2015. Orgeron is the head coach. Embarrassing losses to basement dwellers and mid-majors on his watch are his responsibility. Period.

For the life of me, I don't understand why we need to be "fair" to Orgeron, especially if he was lobbying for the job even before Miles was fired. Was he being a destructive influence in the locker room to undermine Miles? If so, being fair to O would be foolish. Almost as foolish as hiring him in the first place.

Look, Miles was not perfect. Far from it. But LSU football under Miles was fun with a few notable exceptions. Emphasis on few. However, we went out and hired an unproven head coach with a dismal record who may have been undermining his boss. And in the process, did he poison the team culture for himself at the same time?

dachsie and LSU_4_LIFE like this.
  9. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Yeah if this has to be explained.

Umm let's recap- the coaching sucks. No one knows what's going on. The players aren't improving anywhere. The HC doesn't have a plan. The new coordinators seem to have no identity either bc the HC is just winging it.

The players reflect all this confusion. We don't suddenly have all 2-3 star players across the board.

That's next year.

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Good name for a 3 piece metal band.

lsu-i-like and cul2969 like this.