Navigating the LSU waters

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by roynav, Oct 1, 2017.

1. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

LOL. But the thought makes things seem less worse.

2. roynav

roynav free your mind

Narcisse probably benefits more from a redshirt. A huge mistake would be too many minutes for Brennan behind a struggling line with struggling WRs. It could permanently damage his confidence ala Lee. Etling is not the major problem in offense. Guice, blocking and WRs have all been way more disappointing.

3. TigerSnarl

TigerSnarl Air Conditioned Gypsy

If the O line cannot block, it is almost impossible for anything to work on offense. I can't think of any offense in college or pros that was successful with a bad offensive line.

roynav likes this.
  4. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Only way to compensate for that is up tempo 70% passing offense using 4 to 5 WR. What have we got to lose? Hoped to see some of that last night against Troys very bad pass defense. Very disappointing.

5. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

More worse, and I don't even care that I'm grammatically incorrect. More worse times infinity.

6. lsu-i-like

Up tempo bombs; lots of three and outs to expose our D even more.

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.
  7. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

That's what I'm saying. Things may actually be able to get worse than they already are.

This isn't all Coach O's fault, no question about it. But he is still in over his head.

Also I'm not opposed to having Esminger at least advise Canada on how to finish the season from a gameplan standpoint. He may not have a better read on our current offense, but he knows the opposing SEC defenses much better.

8. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Seemed work the week before. Who said bomb everytime? Deep doesnt mean bomb. Deep means 18 yds and beyond. Dont know if you noticed but deep passes and yes the dreaded bomb got us back in the game last night. It sure wasn't the run. Point is their weakness was pass defense and we threw 11 times in the first half

9. lsu-i-like

That is how you beat Troy, not Bama. Not that I'm opposed to 4-5 wides more frequently.

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.
  10. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

It took 2 and half quarters for this team to show a little fight. They are coasting.