Nationwide recruiting

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by SoLa in NoIll, Jan 15, 2004.

1. ramah

ramah Founding Member

Geoge Atiyeh was a Lebanese animal and a good friend. Benjy Thibodeaux, James Britt and a few other good ones played in Coach Macs last years at LSU.

2. ChineseBandit

ChineseBandit Founding Member

OMFG ramah is back!

3. Chipeace

Chipeace Country Roads Tiger

George & his brother Joe? both wrestled for the tigers also.

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Welcome back Ramah. I thought maybe you had done something in Saudia Arabia to get yourself beheaded.

I believe that the Atiyeh brothers were of Syrian descent. Joey Atiyeh didn't qualify for the USA Olympic wrestling team so he wrestled for the Syrian team and won a silver or a bronze medal. As as reward for winning the first ever Olympic medal for Syria the King granted him a wish and he got the King to decree some law that benefited the Syrian people. Later he owned a bingo parlor on Nicholson Drive north of the LSU campus.

5. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

That's him Bengal B. for some reason I always like him, from the moment he committed to LSU. That used to be one of the most fertile area's in the country before integration of many schools. Namath, Unitas, Montana and many others came from the area. Most of these kids parents worked in either the steel mills or coal mines, just like that Tom Cruise movie, "All the right Moves" I think.

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Tony Dorsett, the 1976 Heisman Trophy winner who played for Pittsburgh was born in Alliquipa, PA. So was the all time scoring leader in college basketball, Pete Maravich.

7. SoLa in NoIll

SoLa in NoIll Founding Member

BTW, according to Dandy, there are more out of state players in this weekend, including one from the "people's champion's" backyard:

Tony Bell (SS, 6'2", 210) from Alabaster, AL
    Kerry Franks (ATH, 5'11", 185) from West Orange Texas
    Thomas Herring, one of the top offensive linemen in the nation from Los Angles, CA