National Champions

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Rolan, Jan 16, 2020.

1. Rolan

Rolan Back to my roots

Literally I'm a bit nervous we are all ruined forever, nothing will feel as good. I'd be lieing if 2003 wasn't a great year too for me, I was pretty sure I'd never see an LSU championship ever until then. Hell I remember being pumped making the liberty bowl....

fanatic likes this.
  2. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

I don’t care if we play to the same level if we win the SEC. It may never look the same again, but winning feels the same.

el005639 and Winston1 like this.
  3. didit

didit Veteran Member

i get your point but winning feels way better this year than it did when we were winning in 2011... looking at our offense and winning by 2 tds most games is way better than winning with all of the bad clock mismanagement and other shit causing us to squeak by with wins... as has been said repeatedly, greatest team ever but also greatest year of watching football ever...

Bengal B and Rolan like this.
  4. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Right, I remember feeling on top of the world that year we went 10-3 and beat Illinois in the Sugar Bowl, so when we won it all in '03, I didn't think it would get any better. I'm a lifelong Saints and and LSU fan and I'm SO lucky to be able to say I've seen my favorite teams win championships. In LSU's case, I've seen them do it multiple times; including this past season which was so amazing.

But I think you're right. How can this year even be topped? We may win other championships, but nothing will ever compare to this one. I want to say it feels even better than the Saints winning the Super Bowl, but it's probably because this one is so fresh. 15 and muthafukkin Oeaux and steamrolling everyone in our way!

Here's a stat for yall. In our last 3 games (SECCG/Peach Bowl/NC game), when the competition was supposedly toughest, all Big Dick Joe did was go 88-126 for 1305 yards with 16 TDs with 0 picks. Against the best of the best college football had to offer. LIVING LEGEND

I posted this before, but it's worth posting again. This is part of the reason he was able to do the things he did and how Joe Brady turned a group of good receivers with a reputation for dropping passes into the most lethal group in the nation. There was none better and why losing Brady is so much bigger than what he did for the passing game.

https://www.espn.com/video/clip/_/id/27827704

Last edited: Jan 18, 2020
  5. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

The trophy is resting in it's final place

20200119_081935.jpg

gynojunkie, APPTiger and kcal like this.