NASCAR dropping the hammer!

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by qball316, Feb 13, 2007.

1. BamaBengalTiger

BamaBengalTiger Geaux Tigers !!!!!

Yea, that's what I was saying....:lol:

Everyone needs a good debate now and again....

2 people like this.
  2. meauxjeaux2

meauxjeaux2 Founding Member

It's not a sport!:hihi: You can tell football season is over when I argue about chit I don't care anything about.The ones who like it are passionate about it.The ones who don't really don't have any amunition in the argument,so we usually loose.Good day,cheers.

3. BamaBengalTiger

If you ever get a chance to attend a race weekend, do it. You may not get anything out of it on TV, but I bet you would enjoy the experience. You may not want to go back, but you'd still have fun.:lol:

4. meauxjeaux2

meauxjeaux2 Founding Member

I have actually driven several busch series cars .I won a week trip to ron barber school of racing through snap-on tools.It was pretty fun driving.Maybe that's why it is so hard to watch it,since I have driven one.Actually after 3 days my instructor said that I was pretty good at driving,although the fastest I got up to was a governed limit of 175 mph.I like tailgating sio I'm sure it would be fun to tailgate at a nascar race.Most fans of nascar just really imerse themselves into the everyday goings-on of the races that they seem really back woods and ingorant.Maybe that persona will change in time but almost everyone I have seen with a #8 sticker on the back of their pick-up trucks are the face of nascar and that ain't sayin much.

5. qball316

qball316 Founding Member

Fox reports that Mickey's crew chief and the MWR VP of operations have been ejected from Daytona. They told Waltrip that they have till the green flag drops for the Duels tommorow to pass inspection. Looks like Mickey is going to race, too bad they will probly penalize him so many points that his season will be over before it got started.

1 person likes this.
  6. BamaBengalTiger

I actually show up to the tracks, with LSU magnets all over my truck, and my camper even has an LSU spare tire cover.:lol: But I do enjoy the tailgating with my friends and family. My Dad is coming over from La. next month to go to Bristol with me.

7. KevinWS

KevinWS Founding Member

I prefer rally racing to NASCAR. I like the idea of traveling at 150+ on very narrow dirt or icy roads lined with spectators especially when they are standing on the outside of 180-degree turn or at the end of a 150 foot jump with only warning tape as a barrier.

1 person likes this.
  8. DownOnTheBayou

DownOnTheBayou Say My Name!

So drivers don't directly impact what a car does? Cars make all those left turns on their own? Cars bump-draft on their own? Cars pass each other on their own? Granted, NeckCAR is not as physically demanding as other sports, but there's no other sport more mentally demanding than NeckCar. Im not saying NeckCar is or isn't a sport, but it's not easy. You need to have a certain mentality to drive a race car.

9. BigWee_TEAMKATT

BigWee_TEAMKATT Victory for LSU!!!

Too many people define a sport by how athletic one has to be to participate in it. A sport is defined as something that requires a certain amount of skill, athleticisim, or physical prowess and is of competitive nature. Thus, NASCAR is a sport.

2 people like this.
  10. macatak911

macatak911 CRAIG STELTZ = BEAST

Just like you need a certain mentality to be an astronaut! :thumb: