Myles Brennan not at practice today (Monday, August 15th)

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by MobileBengal, Aug 15, 2022.

1. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Can't blame those losses on Brennan. You have to go back to Lou Tepper - maybe further - to find an LSU defense more in disarray than that one was, especially at the beginning of the season.

kcal, ROY_LA_CA, TBTrumpet and 2 others like this.
  2. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

I agree. You put the same talent around him that Burrow had and I think his results would have been much better. I'm not saying he's would have been another Burrow, but having two great WRs, a great tight end, a stud RB and a solid OL like Burrow did certainly would have been an improvement over what Brennan had to work with last season.

BornOnTheBayou, ROY_LA_CA and mctiger like this.
  3. Hou-duco

Hou-duco Founding Member

Yes, if Brennan had the 2019 surrounding cast, he would be one of the top QBs in the SEC. Burrow was definitely a better runner, but it’s not like Myles is Matt Zettenburger statuesque. Obviously, CBK/Denbrock wanted a more mobile QB than Brennan. The emphasis on having a mobile QB somewhat baffles me when you consider that the strength of our offense is the WR position. Protecting the football and distributing it to the many player-makers we have should have been the top priority.

BornOnTheBayou and ROY_LA_CA like this.
  4. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

I would say MB's biggest issue (based just on what I remember about those 3 2020 starts) was that he was indecisive. Always had a bit of a hesitation when he threw, even on timing routes when he was obviously meant to be throwing to a spot. Even with Chase and JJ as receivers, the offensive would have been far less prolific than it was with Burreaux.

5. Hou-duco

Hou-duco Founding Member

I hear ya, but his 2020 #s weren't that bad. And they were his 1st 3 starts. He would have gotten better. Given how bad the 2020 OL was, he actually was not bad.

shane0911 likes this.
  6. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

This obviously goes into "we'll never really know" category. The kid has/had an NFL arm. The playing time and coaching that he didn't get will keep us from knowing how good he could have been. It's a shame because he literally gave US all he had when he could have gone somewhere else.

7. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

I agree. He also stared down the receivers and good DBs feast on stuff like that. To me, he never looked totally comfortable back there and there was so much pressure on him to be the next guy. I think that led to him forcing a lot of bad throws because he felt he always had to make big plays to remain the guy. Burrow flourished under the bright lights and I think it had the opposite affect on Brennan. I hate it for him because he gave LSU his all!

Winston1 likes this.