My Views of LSU vs Moo St

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Kikicaca, Oct 20, 2019.

1. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Can't wait for Marshall to get back. The guys who are getting his targets have had their moments, but talent-wise, Marshall is the equal of Chase and Jeff. Too much talent for secondaries to deal with when he's on the field.

Davis-Price has to get more meaningful carries. The guy is simply a load, and he can be the inside punisher to counter Clyde's shiftiness.

didit, LSU_4_LIFE and ParadiseiNC like this.
  2. kcal

kcal Founding Member

emery is thinking too much (not enough?) tdp sees the hole and accelerates into the hole

3. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Agree with all of this. Talking about RBs makes me wonder what’s up with Emery? Needs to mature? Has fumblitis? Surprising to me how little he’s been involved.

4. mctiger

Me too, but maybe the offense just hasn't come to him as quickly as for TDP. Just guessing.

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  5. mctiger

I didn't see that, and based on the game I watched last night, the Gumps aren't nearly as scary on defense as we've seen in the past.

LSUTiga and ParadiseiNC like this.
  6. mctiger

I think the lack of frequent running back switches is proof that Ensminger is in charge. It's Brady's passing game, but if he were completely in charge, I think we'd see much more rotating of running backs, as the Saints have always done.

7. Hou-duco

Hou-duco Founding Member

Emery’s skillset seems closer to that of Edwards-Helaire. Davis-Price is a bigger back and complements what Clyde brings to the table. Everyone wondered at the start of the season when the freshmen would take over. Now, I think most will agree that Edwards-Helaire is our best back. He runs, catches & knows when to break off a pattern and block. So why would you pull Clyde for a less experienced back?

8. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Disagree. This is a complicated offense and we can't gamble with backs that are young and don't know how to pick up blitzes, catch and understand our scheme. If you remember in games that were not in doubt we played all our backs even Curry. Go back and look at some of those games and you will agree.

el005639 likes this.
  9. mctiger

Yes, but the heavy back rotation is not coming into play until the score is no longer in doubt. You do make a good point, though, and I'm sure the fact that TDP has been more involved over the last 2 games is significant to that point.

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  10. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Agree I think at this point Emery is not trustworthy with the ball and he does too much high school faking. A year in the weight room and coaching to not try out jukeing everyone will help. Have no idea what's going on with Curry.

LSUTiga, mctiger and ParadiseiNC like this.