My Idea to stop Malicious Hits in Football

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by wenkebach, Dec 14, 2011.

1. asignupe99

asignupe99 Founding Member

You're in here talking about playing the entire game one man short, as if offenses don't already have enough of an advantage, but I'm disconnected from reality. Can I just take a couple of your pills?

2. wenkebach

wenkebach Founding Member

If you read thru the posts carefully, you'll see that that original concept has been modified to a finite period off the field, not the entire game.

Maybe try again, only slower this time.

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

so what are you supposed to do? pull your head back like you are looking at the sky and try to chest bump the dude down? This rule is f'n stupid, period.

That Harrison hit was nothing. Andre Waters is rolling in his grave right now.

Again, the people who are suffering from brain trauma late in life are offensive linemen, running backs, and full backs. And all they are doing is trying to protect quarterbacks and receivers, the people who put fans in the stands and money in everyone's pocket.

Stupid rule, it's football, grow some nuts, or don't play.

4. asignupe99

asignupe99 Founding Member

I'm commenting on YOUR original post that was modified by OTHER posters.

If you want to have a discussion, fine. But miss me with the insults as you sit behind a keyboard.

5. wenkebach

And I'm commenting on YOUR post where you say that the hit on Colt McCoy wasn't all that bad.

At least I modified my opinion as the discussion went on....

6. LaSalleAve

The hit on McCoy wasn't that bad. Nupe is right.

7. wenkebach

So I guess you don't think Harrison should have gotten a penalty called on him either. Funny that every single media opinion on this disagrees with you....and Nupe. I guess they are all wrong too....

8. LaSalleAve

Sorry but I don't give a damn what John Clayton and Chris Mortensen, and Adam Sheftler have to say about hits.

James Harrison

Well said James.

9. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

I've heard a few ex-players and analysts on both sides of the fence regarding Harrison's hit. Like one ex-player said, the hit looked bad but the intent wasn't malicious. When you can't hit the QB low but also can't hit him high, there are going to be hits that kind of fall in that grey area.

The thing that should've got more attention was that they let McCoy back in the game when it was clear he had concussion symptoms.

10. Tiger in TX

Tiger in TX Quack

This!

The vast majority of the hits would have been clean except the hittee moved at the last second. Are the defenders supposed to be able to predict exactly how the ball carrier is going to move? effin ridiculous in my mind. let them hit.