My First Game Observations

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CalcoTiger, Sep 5, 2022.

1. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

I'm still iffy on JD too. Had times where he looked really good and some really bad. I think a lot had to do with the lack of protection from the OL. The OL is a huge concern. I was hoping to see a solid running game, but they couldn't do anything because the OL was getting manhandled. The tackling was also atrocious so having a shot to win the game late was surprising. It was a typical first game under a new coach - lots of mistakes, but also a lot to positives to build on. I'm confident CBK can get the job done, it's just going to take some patience!!!!

Swerved and TigerSnarl like this.
  2. BornOnTheBayou

BornOnTheBayou 2022 Masters Pick 'Em Champion

Hint. I don't think you will need three guesses. Their mascot is an elephant.

Chipeace and shane0911 like this.
  3. APPTiger

APPTiger still unable to post Geaux Tigers!

Torched.

Perple and Robidoux87 like this.
  4. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

That would be my guess to but he is from Tennessee originally. Either way he is going out of his way to stomp on us.

5. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

Some of you guys talking about firing CBK need to get a grip! He's been on campus a few months and you expect the team to look like Alabama is ridiculous! He's won at every level of football he's coached in and has proven he's a winner. It's going to take time to get back competing for a conference and a national title. The first thing he needs to do is run off that dirt bag Boutte and others who don't care about LSU and will eventually tear down the rest of the team. Secondly, we fans just need to be patient because offensively we have a totally new OL, new RBs and new QB. Defensively, we have new LBs and basically a totally rebuilt secondary that needs time to jell. We will get there, but it's not going to happen overnight!

BornOnTheBayou likes this.
  6. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

You need to slow your roll. If I were able to tap the brakes and say we were wrong to assume that was the problem then you can as well.

As for Kelly, so far all he has proven is that we were correct to be suspicious of the hire. We might not be able to fire him but if he doesn't get this shit turned around in a hurry we won't have to. He will get laughed out of the SEC.

Perple likes this.
  7. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

It's one game! He's only been on campus a few months and he's coaching with a bunch of coaches and players he's just getting to know. Breaking news... we're going to lose more games. Please name me a coach/CEO anywhere in the world that has turned around a program/company in a few months? Even the almighty Saban took his lumps when he first got to Alabama and Gene Stallings lost his first three games as head coach. I think both of those coaches did okay after that!

Last edited: Sep 10, 2022
  8. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

That, and Nick Saban's scrotum resting squarely on his chin is a dead giveaway.. lol

9. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

Finebaum is a joke and he says things to get a rise out of fans. He thinks by ticking off fans it will make him more relevant and it's doing the opposite. I've spoken to a lot of fans from different schools and most can't stand him and quit watching/listening to him a long time ago, as have I!

10. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Hey @BornOnTheBayou remember when I told you ND was garbage...

You should never doubt me baw

lsu-i-like likes this.