My boy's biggest fish so far

Discussion in 'Sportsman's Paradise' started by jvalhenson, Nov 4, 2017.

1. Bayou Tiger

Bayou Tiger Founding Member

Clean dat and bring it to your boss.

2. jvalhenson

jvalhenson Founding Member

Nah I just gave her a few gallons of those trashy over regulated over populated red snapper.

GregLSU and Bayou Tiger like this.
  3. Bayou Tiger

Bayou Tiger Founding Member

You must like her. Would she even know the difference?

4. jvalhenson

Nah that's why I gave her those course junk red snapper. I give folks I like flounder and trout ha. But really yea she's a point chick she knows her fish.

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Next time give her some garfish and shoupique.

shane0911 likes this.
  6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Why don't you like snapper? It's not a good fish to fry but baked or sauteed with some lump crabmeat in a creamy white sauce - mmmmmm

7. jvalhenson

while I have made it clear I oppose the massive over-regulation that is happening with these fish and they are fun to go catch they just are not that good to eat IMO. Most overpriced fish in the market and the general population doesnt get enough fresh better fish to really know any different. Restaurants and the commercial sector in general have pumped it up and driven the price high on them folks like to spend lots of money thinking the more it costs the better it is. We eat some of it but I almost always end up giving away the majority of it once deer season gets close.

8. tigerbait3

tigerbait3 Freshman

damn son. everyone has dfferent tastes, but the vast mjority of people (that fish) would conside snapper a top-tier fish. im at least with you on those redfish. i actually throw back mid-slot ones, but realize im in the minority.

on another note, we need one good cold front. trout are trying their hardest to move inside, but cant fully commit to it yet.

congrats on your son's fish; thats awesome.

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

A friend of mine went to Florida a couple of weeks ago and went put on one of those party boat fishing trips on a big boat. They caught a bunch of snappers but the captain said they couldn't keep rhem because of the law. He was pissed.

10. jvalhenson

just dont care for em. now if we could keep them at say 12 inches they are just fine but the big ones just get to course and to me there are way to many better fish inshore to eat to have to choke those things down. That said I love to go offshore and fish for those and other offshore type fishing mainly grouper and lemonfish but more than anything I just hate the over-regulation going on with them that has quickly spilled over into amberjack, grouper, and triggerfish once the commercial reef fish permit holders saw what they could buy off the politicians and get away with and there is no end in site for it. Hell amberjack was totally closed for over a year as was triggerfish and grouper are down to the point where they are as regulated as snapper. anyways...that is opening a whole new "old" discussion.

tigerbait3 likes this.